Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ninjitsu near leitrim

• 24-05-2007 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi my name is Shane Keane and i am 14 years old, I train with a karate club but it is mostly for competition. I want to train in a new martial art and i thought ninjitsu would be a good one, so those any one no if there is one in leitrim or anywhere near it.
    Thanks
    Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

Shakeane wrote:
    Hi my name is Shane Keane and i am 14 years old, I train with a karate club but it is mostly for competition. I want to train in a new martial art and i thought ninjitsu would be a good one, so those any one no if there is one in leitrim or anywhere near it.
    Thanks
    Shane

Hi Shane, my name is Joe. I'm orginally from Manorhamilton though I have been living away from the county almost 17 years now. What Karate club are you in ? Unfortunately there was no Karate club around Manorhamilton when I was growing up, Sligo was the nearest, so I used to box with the Boxing club in the town. I would have preferred to have done a Martial Art, even though my father also boxed for the town, but it was not to be. Me and a few of my mates used to try and learn some techniques from books and magazines but unfortunately we were not that good !!!

But since moving to Dublin I have become a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and also do Brazilian Jui Jitsu. As far as I know there is no Ninjitsu club in Leitrim. I have checked the web and in Carrick on Shannon their is a Mixed Martial Arts club run by a man David Caslin. Maybe you could email him and he may be able to tell you the nearest Ninjitsu club. davidcaslin@vodafone.ie They are registered here -
    http://www.dojolistings.com/DojoView.aspx?DojoKey=693e07ba-337a-44b8-b6f1-4bc9f3ef6171

Micheal McDermott, also from Manorhamilton, runs several kickboxing clubs in the Sligo/Leitrim area. His details are Mugendo Kick-Boxing Club,
    Michael McDermott , Calry, Sligo 087-4188007. Give him a call, Micheal has been invovled in Martial Arts for years, also boxed, and he would be a good bet to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Hi shane, you could also contact Martin O'Reilly. He's in cavan and has been teaching ninpo for years.
    sanzenirl@eircom.net

Or there's a club in enniskillen, I don't know him personaly but he's been there a while so he can't be too bad
    www.bujinkanarmstrongdojo.com

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shakeane

Thanks for the help ill try the emails out, oh and the karate club is called the green dragon karate club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

Shakeane wrote:
    Thanks for the help ill try the emails out, oh and the karate club is called the green dragon karate club

Is that in Drumkeerin Shane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shakeane

O'Leprosy wrote:
    Is that in Drumkeerin Shane ?
    No its in Carrick in above the new swimming pool. Its mostly for people my age:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 searching123

I know this was posted a very long time ago so apologies for the strange question....is David Caslin still teaching in Carrick-on-Shannon? I tried the email address but its not working.

Would be grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks

O'Leprosy wrote: »
    Hi Shane, my name is Joe. I'm orginally from Manorhamilton though I have been living away from the county almost 17 years now. What Karate club are you in ? Unfortunately there was no Karate club around Manorhamilton when I was growing up, Sligo was the nearest, so I used to box with the Boxing club in the town. I would have preferred to have done a Martial Art, even though my father also boxed for the town, but it was not to be. Me and a few of my mates used to try and learn some techniques from books and magazines but unfortunately we were not that good !!!

But since moving to Dublin I have become a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and also do Brazilian Jui Jitsu. As far as I know there is no Ninjitsu club in Leitrim. I have checked the web and in Carrick on Shannon their is a Mixed Martial Arts club run by a man David Caslin. Maybe you could email him and he may be able to tell you the nearest Ninjitsu club. davidcaslin@vodafone.ie They are registered here -
    http://www.dojolistings.com/DojoView.aspx?DojoKey=693e07ba-337a-44b8-b6f1-4bc9f3ef6171

Micheal McDermott, also from Manorhamilton, runs several kickboxing clubs in the Sligo/Leitrim area. His details are Mugendo Kick-Boxing Club,
    Michael McDermott , Calry, Sligo 087-4188007. Give him a call, Micheal has been invovled in Martial Arts for years, also boxed, and he would be a good bet to help you.

Advertisement