Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times exam diarist??

Options
  • 24-05-2007 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello,
    Sorry to disturb, I'm just hoping that someone who uses this board might be able to help me out.

I'm looking for Leaving Cert students who might be interested in doing the exam diary in The Irish Times over the Leaving Cert. You don't have to be a writer. We can work it out so that you don't have to do any writing at all if needs be.

Ideally, I'm looking for somebody who is not originally from Ireland but I would be delighted to hear from anyone who is interested. You can get in touch without making any commitment. I'll answer any questions about how it might work. Basically I want to make it as easy as possible.

My email address is gfaller@irish-times.ie or you can pm me here. Thanks very much for your time. Best of luck in the exams.

Gráinne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Aye, sent one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Choco

Just remembered that I didn't say anything in here, but I did send you something via email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ulanzi

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the responses. Greatly appreciated. I've contacted everyone who responded now and we have our diarist. Just in case anyone comes to this late and is interested in journalism/media. I'm compiling a list of contacts for articles and projects throughout next year (Leaving Cert study guides and so-on). If you're interested in writing an article/being interviewed at some point will you send your contact details to the irish times email address in the original post?

Thanks again for your help and best of luck in the exams.

Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

interesting actually...

gotta say no, though, I want the LC and only the LC on my mind....during the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

just outta curiosity, which of us was picked??Own up now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

md99 wrote:
    interesting actually...

gotta say no, though, I want the LC and only the LC on my mind....during the LC.
    My thoughts exactly. Great opportunity and all, just an awful time for it to be given to us.

Yeah, but a few minutes out of your day to comment and reflect on the exams for the benefit of others isn't too much to ask is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

lilmizzme wrote:
    Yeah, but a few minutes out of your day to comment and reflect on the exams for the benefit of others isn't too much to ask is it?

It certainly is.

• Advertisement

lilmizzme wrote:
    You're writing for the Irish times. You won't want it to be nonsensical gibberish and therefore'll take more than a couple of minutes when writing it out. Like, how's "omg, me and me mates thought dis exam was a pure bitch!!!!! lol!" gonna look in a national paper?

I seriously doubt it would take more than a half an hour for one of us to come up with soemthing worthwhile to put in the Irish Times. I mean, if we can spend hours on boards in the run up to the exams, surely we can take some time every 2nd or 3rd evening to put on paper what we, and our friends thought of the exams and how're we're feeling about the next day...

Besides, if you can't afford a free half hour the night before, you possibly are looking at trouble the next day...

lilmizzme wrote:
    I seriously doubt it would take more than a half an hour for one of us to come up with soemthing worthwhile to put in the Irish Times. I mean, if we can spend hours on boards in the run up to the exams, surely we can take some time every 2nd or 3rd evening to put on paper what we, and our friends thought of the exams and how're we're feeling about the next day...

Besides, if you can't afford a free half hour the night before, you possibly are looking at trouble the next day...
    Ok. If time wasn't an issue then surely stress would be. You're writing for a national paper, hundreds of thousands are gonna see what you write. That's a bit of unnecessary stress during a couple of already very stressful weeks.

Ok. If time wasn't an issue then surely stress would be. You're writing for a national paper, hundreds of thousands are gonna see what you write. That's a bit of unnecessary stress during a couple of already very stressful weeks.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it....and shush!You're going to scare the person who actually got picked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

lilmizzme wrote:

Are you retarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

insafehands that's twice,you're banned.goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I laughed at that one, but glad he's banned! So who got picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

The person who got picked is gonna stay quiet I'd say. We'll have to read the Irish Times and see! It's actually very enjoyable to read the diaries though.

Advertisement