Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone going to Waterford....

• 24-05-2007 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

...for the IWW show in July? Some huge names have been announced in CIMA, Doug Williams, Kid Kash etc. At €20 it seems a snip.

I'll certainly be travelling from Cork, with at least 2 others. Anyone else?

Might even stay down for the night too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'll be heading down, definitely. I'll be sorting out my ticket as soon as my exams are over, probably heading down with 2 others as well. Still some NOAH guys to be announced too. I always have a good time at any Irish wrestling show I've gone to, and this one should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

are the iww shows any good? never been to any of them but id be tempted to go to this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Been to a few of em, the Forum shows usually have a good atmosphere too so it's worth it.

Won't be making this one due to it being on a friday, and i've used up a lot of work time already.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I dunno, I might be tempted to travel in the road, but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

yup ill be going, havent been able to goto the last 2 iww shows in the forum because of work, but not this time, ill be there and the line up looks just brilliant cant wait for it

Heard a rumour that the iww supershow dvd will be on sale for the first time at the show, dunno whether its true or not but ye never know

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If work allows then I definately will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Right, Im only speculating here, but Marufuji is wrestling for RQW in Mid June. Is it possible that he may be booked also? If he was there it would be absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What date is this show on? Haven't been to a show yet, missed them everytime they were in Cork so might make the trip.

Ya never know, that would be brilliant though. Doug Williams is responsible a lot of the Japanese guys getting booked in Europe, so with him on the card anyway you wouldn't know. Bryan Danielson is doing a show in England the week before as well I think, but I think that might be dreaming
    krudler wrote:
    are the iww shows any good? never been to any of them but id be tempted to go to this one

Ah yeah, I've always had a good time going to any of their shows I've been to, or any other Irish promotion

Just heard that it's Takeshi Rikio and Ippei Ota who are the NOAH guys. I've never seen much of Ota, but Rikio is awesome. He's going to take someone's head off

It's on the 6th of July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thanks Fozzy, might head along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Yeah ill definitely be going if I can get somebody to cover me at work still have my free tickets from the super show the Waterford shows are always a good laugh should be interesting to see the NOAH guys and the bar at the forum is a nice touch too.

PS gimmick don't be going around asking random strangers if there the dingo its mightily confussing..........

If anyone is travelling from Cork, I have 2 seats in my car. We are most likely staying down for the night though so please bear that in mind.

Anyone who is staying down, have you found any digs yet? Something affordable, but not squallor at the same time.

Any news on tickets?

EDIT: We are staying overnight though in the Quality Marina Hotel - booked online and it works out €49 pps. If you call the hotel itself it is €84 pps.

Crap, this has slipped by me somehow! I'd nearly just head down, drink the night away and get the first train home in the morning though. Gonna have to sort this out soon, I'm not missin CIMA

Or if ur going with a buddy, their are plenty decent hotels going at about €100 per room per night. Must meet for a few beers regardless.

Well, anyone else definitely heading to this? Only a week away. Cant wait.
    Havent been to an IWW show since May 06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

holy crap, how did i miss this?! i'll be showing my face in the forum so!!
    its a bloody good line up they've got too!!

the dragons gate guys should be awesome, and ive always liked kash!!

Got my front row tickets this morning, roll on friday :P cant w8

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

im heading down with gimmick, we have ringside AFAIK.

I'll be the guy with a sign saying "gimmick is a jerk".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

dunno why people go for front row tickets in the forum, its such a small crowd id feel like a tit!! i much prefere to skulk about in the back great view from anywhere in there!!

why would you feel like a tit, least well be ringside and might be able to interact with the wrestlers :)

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Heading down friday should be good still have the free tickets from the supershow and got a room for 3 for €70 for the night if anybodys looking try the marina.

So what are the final numbers? Again, if anyone is looking for a lift down (back saturday morning), let me know. Should be leaving Blackpool at 4pm, so hopefully should make it by 6 for a pre show beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

looking forward to this now i have to say. and as an added bonus, i found my old IWW tshirt this morning, it was missing, presumed lost for good, so happy days...

Unfortunately I can't make it to the show now. Ah well. CIMA won the Open the Dream Gate title off Jushin Liger last week, it would be cool if he had the belt with him

Ill have y camera, so will have a few photos online Monday. Just hoping the DG guys have some DVDs etc with them. And I hope its a special attraction match between CIMA and Dragon Kid, as they have a great chemistry with each other.

Oh, and Im sure Doug Williams will be more than great to see also!

Advertisement