Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerkros WP boiler & Storage Silo.....anyone??

Options
  • 24-05-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone have a Gerkros WP boiler and their steel silo installed? We have and we have yet another problem with bad wood pellets....i.e loads of sawdust and very little pellets. Phoned Balcas and they are blaming it on Gerkros and on the silo...saying wood pellets are hitting silo and turning to dust and that we need a buffer?? They tried passing the book on bad pellets before but then gave us a refund. We received our order late Feb and first tonne or so were fine and now we have sawdust, sawdust, sawdust and more sawdust!!
    Anyone any similar experiences with Gerkros or with Balcas recently. Have the saw the poor ould boiler is chugging away burning despite the dust but we can't keep doing this. Need to get to the bottom of this. Any comments or help gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Chimpster

I reckon the problem is more than lightly with Balcas here.

I have seen Kedco pellets blown into canvas silos and self build wooden silos and there have been no such issues. You will always get a bit of dust blown around with bulk deliveries but good quality pellets should be able to withstand a blown delivery and hold their shape. Ideally with a solid silo a rubber mat should be hung in the path way of the pellets to break their fall.

I have not seen the Gerkros bulk silo but I cant see why the pellets would break up that bad just because of the silo.

Either the pellets are of a poor quality or else the delivery guy is blowing them at way too high a speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks chimpster. Our thoughts exactly. Balcas seem to be great at passing the book. Looking forward to hearing more comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

i know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know how many bulk suppliers are now in Ireland ( north and south)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 watchingandwait

We installed a 30kw Gerkros boiler in August of 2006. Its working fairly well so far. We built our own silo, which holds 3.5 tonnes of pellets. We don't have a rubber matt in the silo and so far we have had no problems with the pellets from Balcas. The quality of the second batch of pellets (March 2007) was much better with far less saw dust.

I know Kedco are doing bulk deliveries but not as competitive as Balcas.

Has anyone here had the boiler serviced yet, if so how much did the service cost? The reason I ask is that we were sent a service agreement yesterday from Gerkros, advising different costs for different levels of service. I don't see the benefit of it at the moment as you have to pay upfront, unless there is a large saving which i can't imagine there is based on the prices quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cossie1

Has anyone any experience with Kedco?? I'm considering their system...I like the fact that they will guarantee supply of pellets.

Are the worth considering.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement