Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Video Calling on O2 Ever

• 24-05-2007 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Just got word back from O2 and they have clearly said that they have no Plans for 3G Video Calling at all.

Okay I know it is a gimmick but at the same it has a capable network to handle this.

3 and Voda both have it and Meteor most likely will at one stage.

Would have been nice to have it.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

But who uses it?

Of all your friends/family who have 3G phones, how many actually use the video calling features? The only time I have ever seen ia video call made was when a friend was demonstrating to his grandfather this new-fandangled technology. And even that was from one side of the room to the other. :D

I'd consider myself a gadget freak, but I don't even own a 3G phone, let alone one that can do video calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I got my girlfriend on to 3 recently. She won't let me video call her. :D

Anyone I have ever video called I have done jokingly, other than business reasons (conference calls etc.) I can't see anyone ever actually wanting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

exactly,its more a case of because you cant have it you want it,its a gimmick nothing more that i couldnt see myself ever using either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Twould be nice to annoy my mates ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just out of curiosity, are video calls the same price as normal voice calls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Generally video calls cost the same as normal calls. However, I agree that there isn't much point. It is a gimmick mostly.

That being said, I am sure O2 will eventually support it, considering they already do in other markets. It's just a matter of time. Once they do, though, I am sure nobody will use it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just like imode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

Another one here who's never used it BUT I do think I'll get around to using it in the future when I/my friends have the appropriate phones and there's no extra charge so that's disappointing news about O2. The teething problems when it becomes widespread will be interesting. What will be the best excuses for hiding yer mug when calling your girlfriend/boyfriend or work when you're not looking your best or not when you're supposed to be! "Er, screen's on the blink again. Effin' motorolas!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

While I'd probably use it rarely it would be nice to have :)

It wouldn't make or break my network choice though.

Advertisement