Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork South Central Exit Poll

Options
  • 24-05-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭

So who got your no1? Just out of curiousity mind... I reckon it'll be a close contest but that Micháel Martin will top the polls, with Coveny 2nd... After that who knows?

Who got your no.1? 19 votes

Boyle, Dan (Green)
    0% 0 votes
    Buttimer, Jerry (FG)
    5% 1 vote
    Clune, Deirdre (FG)
    10% 2 votes
    Coveny, Simon (FG)
    5% 1 vote
    Dennehy, John (FF)
    21% 4 votes
    Lynch, Ciarán (Labour)
    0% 0 votes
    Martin, Micháel (FF)
    15% 3 votes
    McGrath, Micheal (FF)
    26% 5 votes
    Minihan, John (PD)
    10% 2 votes
    Other - Cremin, Henry (SF) or 1 of the Independents
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Also, I'll get the ball rolling with Simon Coveney

(although technically i haven't voted yet today, cos i'm at work, but i will later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

To be honest I haven't decided yet - Currently based in Galway so I haven't been hearing / reading much about the candidates policies. Getting a bus down after work tonight to vote and all I know is it won't be for FF/PD's...

Btw - Does anyone know why the South Central candidates in the last election have now been swopped with North Central (at least I think it's North Central)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Havent decided will I vote number 1 for Lynch or Minihan.

Morgan Stack will get a low preference as well :)

zeusnero wrote:
    Btw - Does anyone know why the South Central candidates in the last election have now been swopped with North Central (at least I think it's North Central)?

There was a re-alignment of constituencies since 2002, Ballincollig and places got moved to Cork North West, so Batt O'Keefe went.. (afaik he had the option of staying in South-Central but as his support base is in Ballincollig he went)

Oh and Morgan Stack & Ted Neville look like quality people... They'll definitely get a vote or 2 from some loonies in Cork but thats it. If they get anything over a 100 or so I'll be embarressed that there are that many bigots (Neville) and crazy people (stack) in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

1. Michael McGrath (FF) - Good with local issues and very hard working.
    2. Dan Boyle (GP) - Intelligent Dáil speaker, would like to see a promotion of public transport/recycling in Cork.
    3. Deirdre Clune (FG) - One of the few candidates who has come to my door and disagreed with something I said. Fair play.
    4. Michéal Martin (FF) - One of the more competent government ministers.
    5. Simon Coveney (FG) - Maybe he'll get around to doing his job here once he's forced out of Europe.

For anyone voting on anti-government grounds, my only plea is that you don't inflict Jerry "Buttsie" Buttimer on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

daveirl wrote:
    372 first preferences.

His campaign is more high profile this time around (he actually has a couple of election posters up and has leafleted once). I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles his vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

Really? That surprises me... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Im not sure yet who ill go for but I know it won't be FG/Labour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

just because I'm too bone idle to look it up.. what time are the polling stations open till tonight?

rymus wrote:
    just because I'm too bone idle to look it up.. what time are the polling stations open till tonight?

10.30pm...

lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Smashin'

I know

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

dulpit wrote:
    Also, I'll get the ball rolling with Simon Coveney

(although technically i haven't voted yet today, cos i'm at work, but i will later)

But he's not very good is he.....he was rubbish on Q&A last Monday and was literally crushed by Rabbitte and Cowen!

Advertisement