Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ten Things You Never Knew About Barbara Windsor

• 24-05-2007 11:30am

I think she's an absolute legend I love all the stuff she's done , some of this surprised me but tis a good read

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a58186/ten-things-you-never-knew-about-barbara-windsor.html

1. Barbara has been married three times, to gangster Ronnie Knight (1964-1985), publican Stephen Hollings (1986-1995) and actor Scott Mitchell (2000 to date).

2. Barbara has had five abortions. "I don't have any regrets about not having kids," she insists, "I've just never had those maternal feelings. I am a nurturer by nature, but I nurture adults: my friends, the people I work with. I don't want to nurture children."

3. Barbara won the first ever Rear of the Year award in 1976. And to think that people say she's only famous for her chest!

4. Barbara's take on feminism: "I run around men like a tit in a trance. I know feminists say: 'Why do this, Windsor?' but I've always been my own woman. I've always paid my own way."

5. She made her screen debut as an unnamed student in The Belles of St. Trinian's in 1955.

6. Barbara has never earned a penny from Carry On merchandise, video and DVD sales or TV repeats. We're guessing, with the benefit of hindsight, she wishes she'd negotiated a percentage.

7. The Queen Vic isn't the first pub in which Barbara's pulled pints. She used to run a hostelry in Winchmore Hill, Buckinghamshire.

8. Barbara admits in her autobiography All Of Me that she's enjoyed the company of over 100 lovers. What a girl!

9. Barbara had an affair with her Carry On co-star Sid James. "He'd been pestering me for months," she recalls, "At the time, I didn't even fancy him. But he obviously thought I was this raving, sexy little thing and I thought if I did the dirty deed he'd leave me alone."

10. She also enjoyed a brief romantic liaison with sixties gangster Reggie Kray.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

2. Barbara has had five abortions. "I don't have any regrets about not having kids," she insists, "I've just never had those maternal feelings. I am a nurturer by nature, but I nurture adults: my friends, the people I work with. I don't want to nurture children."
    jesus youd think the woman would have used some protection after the first!especially if she knew she didnt want kids,five abortions is taking it a bit far!

Advertisement