Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Funniest election candidate ever!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

• Registered Users Posts: 4 El Cid

some craazy guy is running in wicklow. he is a farmer but he was in court for throwing stones at a builder and he said he is from the republic of glasnost and their was a military coop against him!! he is crazy but his farm is worth 45 million....i wish i was crazy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Have a listen to this voicemail from Dublin south east election candidate Noel Ivory's phone . This is 100% genuine and 100% hilarious ! The man is a legend!

That guy's a nutjob, we got his campaign leaflet in through our door on Tuesday morning and we were still laughing at lunchtime.

Quote:
    "Bertie the Pimpernel Ahern goes missing for day when thing get tough"

It looks and sounds as though it were typed by a 6-year old. Also read the bit about polluting the river, "let's make a new stream and let it flow into a new river" or something along those lines? Poetry. Also quotes from the Wolfe Tones and "our brothers of 1916". Interesting to say the least. The photo on the front looks like a passport photo/identity parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

John Bracken What a hairstyle! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

yeah john bracken is some man i just read his website and he says he is part of the mentally hadicapped association too!

Noel Ivory complains in his leaflet about "a government that tells us what to do, when and where e.g. drink-driving"
    Could that be interpretted as being the sole candidate contesting this election with a PRO-DRINK-DRIVE stance? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

noel ivory, the peoples champ!

noel ivory, the peoples champ!

One of my classmates said that if he was going to bother turning out to vote that he'd put a big #1 beside Noel on the ballot paper and leave it at that. He provided us with hours of comic relief this week, he may get a couple hundred votes for his troubles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

man he is something else, I love the "girls wanna have fun" playing in the backgorund. He d get my vote, wish we had some great candidates in kildare north

• Advertisement

joe316 wrote:
    wish we had some great candidates in kildare north

Hey you got Emmet Stagg AND Catherine Murphy, no fair!
    Here in Meath West we have:

3 seats
    10 candidates
    10 male candidates :rolleyes:
    3 FG - 2 FF - 1 Labour - 1 Green - 1 SF - 1 FRR - 1 Independent

We don't even have a PD candidate to poke fun out of! :mad:

The 3 seats are tipped to go 1 FF and 2FG or vice versa. A little haven for conservatives, and we're only 20 miles from the capital here. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

some craazy guy is running in wicklow. he is a farmer but he was in court for throwing stones at a builder and he said he is from the republic of glasnost and their was a military coop against him!! he is crazy but his farm is worth 45 million....i wish i was crazy too!

Yeah, could have voted for him today. My mate showed me his biography in the pub last week, just fell about the place laughing. Funnily enough, theres no picture of him on the election ballot paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

upmeath wrote:
    Hey you got Emmet Stagg AND Catherine Murphy, no fair!
    Here in Meath West we have:

3 seats
    10 candidates
    10 male candidates :rolleyes:
    3 FG - 2 FF - 1 Labour - 1 Green - 1 SF - 1 FRR - 1 Independent

We don't even have a PD candidate to poke fun out of! :mad:

The 3 seats are tipped to go 1 FF and 2FG or vice versa. A little haven for conservatives, and we're only 20 miles from the capital here. Pathetic.

point taken, although none of them have their own song like Big John Bracken and Emmet really has been in the press for the wrong for a long time, maybe him and Catherine can do a duet, "Up Where We Belong" perhaps??

Advertisement