Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox360 Hd

• 24-05-2007 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a wee bit confussed.
    I have a HD TV and am not sure if it is using 1080pi HD.
    From the XBOX I have the 5 cables (blue, yellow, green, white, Gold which goes into the grey xbox (av/hd connection and into the tv.
    When I switch from TV to HD I can hear the sound but see no picture. But if i switch to AV3 I can see the pic and hear sound, graphics are great but not sure if HD.

Anyone have any input on this. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Plug in the red, green and blue connectors, switch the cable to HD (at the connection into the 360) then look for a channel that give you an image. Then hook up the other red and white connections for sound. The yellow one doesn't go into anything when using HD.

720p is better for games btw, assuming you are using a 720p TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Cheers for your help.
    I'l give it a go later.

When i turn on the HD station I should see a image.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

Hi,

Just a wee bit confussed.
    I have a HD TV and am not sure if it is using 1080pi HD.
    From the XBOX I have the 5 cables (blue, yellow, green, white, Gold which goes into the grey xbox (av/hd connection and into the tv.
    When I switch from TV to HD I can hear the sound but see no picture. But if i switch to AV3 I can see the pic and hear sound, graphics are great but not sure if HD.

Anyone have any input on this. :D

If you are using component cable the max def is 720p (for movies). To get 1080i you need to use VGA connector or hdmi.

Later,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Grayarea wrote:
    If you are using component cable the max def is 720p (for movies). To get 1080i you need to use VGA connector or hdmi.

Later,

No, you can use component for 1080i too. I do with mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

yep you can use component for all levels up to 1080p, just it wont upscale a dvd.

OP[robbie2003] if your still having a bit of trouble you can post yp the make/model of your tv and we can tell you where to plug in everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Also you have to switch the xbox 360 to 1080 mode in the system settings I didnt know you had to do it and when I did I noticed the difference immediatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

johnnyflav wrote:
    No, you can use component for 1080i too. I do with mine.
    As Brav said you can even get 1080p over component.

If your tv can handel 1080i the it will deffo handel 720p, which for my money gives a sharper image, due to its progressive nature. Just 'cos the number is bigger it dosen't mean its better;)

Advertisement