Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Big B in trouble

Options
  • 24-05-2007 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Just listening to the news this morning and apparently Big Brother Australia are under fire at the moment as one of their contestants Father has died and been buried without the house mates knowledge! There are still 2 months of Big B to go in Oz and no plans to tell the poor girl. I think this is highly unethical, it puzzles me why they do not tell her apparently its the wish of the family <- the mind boggles!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/big-brothers-ugly-secret/2007/05/24/1179601534495.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well if it's the family's wish...they have to take the flack afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Well if I was the producer of that show I'd tell her because I would'nt want the responsibility of it all. It would'nt be my job to execute that mans last will.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It depends..we don't know the situation. The father could have been sick before she went in. The family could have made an agreement beforehand not to sday if anything happened..all sorts of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

The info was withheld as per her families request....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The father was sick (cancer), and Emma knew he was going to die.
    She told the producers not to tell her if anything happened to him.
    The family told the producers not to tell her if anything happened to him.

So I guess they're bound by the family's wishes.

The weird thing is watching it and knowing that she is oblivious about whats going on outside the house (could this give her the sympathy vote and take her to the end? Surreal....)

• Advertisement
Advertisement