Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leafleting on the last night of the campaign

Options
  • 24-05-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

On the last night of canvassing one canvasser called and 5 others dropped leaflets throught the letter box.
    Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I wonder if it has any effect as it did on me as I've made up my mind long ago.

So did this last night of the campaign leaflet have any effect on you, and will\have it changed your mind on how you're going to vote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I got a few leaflets through the door last night as well but I thought they weren't allowed to canvass on the eve of the election?

Makes no difference anyway. I know who I'll be voting for this evening.

Bit cheeky to be out the night before an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Bit cheeky to be out the night before an election.
    According to Timmy Dooley, They are allowed to canvass on the last day, it's just a media moratorium, and in fairness, it would be very hard to design a law to prohibit self promotion. (Is the candidate supposed to stay indoors with the phone turned off and all the curtains drawn in case he might influence someone on the day before an election?)

What really pissed me off, was Madeline feckin taylor Quinn's canvassers putting leaflets through my door at 4am and waking up the dog (and consequently the rest of the house). It's the second time she has done that, I hope she comes last.

Akrasia wrote:
    They are allowed to canvass on the last day, it's just a media moratorium

Canvassers in this constituency always stopped on the penultimate day before elections.

Healy Rae changed that slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 El Cid

we got a big newsapaper from dick roche last night. his co footprint must be very big . it is shocking how much paper he has put in our doors...to my recycling but still waste and expensive. i voted for evelyn cawley today and hope she can make a diffeenrece to wicklow.

we have got a lot of abuse because we had a comitee to elect evelyn and residents say they were confused because they thought we were form the residnetns comitee when we delivered leaflets on monday and tuesday, i think it is just fine fial and fine gael supporters trying to cause trouble but that is what always happens in greystones

• Advertisement
Advertisement