Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching to Vodafone

• 24-05-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am changing my operator from O2 to Vodafone simply because all of the people I call are on Vodafone. However I am wondering which would be more cost effective for me as I am a relatively light user - Prepay or Pay Monthly.

Anyone got any advice? Most if not all of my calls are in the evening and I sent approx 10 text messages per day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Why are you leaving O2? Their Night Owl plan seems like it could work for you, where you pay just 15 cents per minute for calls during the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Why are you leaving O2? Their Night Owl plan seems like it could work for you, where you pay just 15 cents per minute for calls during the evening.

Hi there Urban,

Basically everyone I have contact with are on Vodafone - Parents, soon to be wife, sister, etc. Just seems to make more sense to change to Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I just re-read your question, sorry I missed that. If you're prepared to pay €69 a month, you could get Vodafone Talk 400, which would let you call anyone on Vodafone for free, and give you 400 minutes to other networks.

That is quite a lot to pay, though. And if you go for PAYG, you would pay 19 cents to call Vodafone. E.g. the same you would pay to call Vodafone from O2, so it would not make sense to switch from O2 to Vodafone really, unless you use it a lot and go with Talk 400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

If you go with O2 Night Owl the calls to Vodafone are 19c a min off peak Mon-Fri & all weekend calls are 12c a min (Midnight Friday to midnight Sunday).
    Vodafone to Vodafone calls are 19c off peak and weekends, but if you take up their free weekends offer its free to call all Vodafone numbers from 6pm Friday to 8am Monday within a 30 day period after you have topped up by €20 or more in one go.

Advertisement