Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of building block wall

Options
  • 24-05-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to get an indication of what is the going rate now for building blocks. I am getting a retaining wall built out of 4 inch blocks done. There will be about 1200 blocks in it. I got a quote of 1 euro a block. I am based in the north east. The wall is about 33 meters by 1.5 meters.

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

how is this "retaining wall" being built. is it block on the flat or on edge?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

tradesman wrote:
    how is this "retaining wall" being built. is it block on the flat or on edge?
    The answer is in the question.....

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

The blocks are being built on the flat for strength. Starting at 13inches then going to nine inches near the top with piers behind it again for strength.

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I got a quote of 1 euro a block.

What type of block? If its a cavity block you should be looking around the 50 cent mark, any order over 100 blocks includes free delivery too afaik

They are 4inch solids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

1 euro a block seems to be the standard, but you gotta haggle:D

Belive me when you have got to this stage of a self build hagging is second nature. I even haggle for my dinner on occasion :D

Advertisement