Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**IMPORTANT!!!** Re Mark Ronson: Stop Me

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Dudess wrote:
    Yeah I'm an awful cu*nt all right for the way I titled the thread. I'm so sorry for insulting people like that. I'll have a good long think in future when I start a thread. :rolleyes:

Yes but What Difference Does It Make?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dudess wrote:
    Yeah I'm an awful cu*nt all right for the way I titled the thread. I'm so sorry for insulting people like that. I'll have a good long think in future when I start a thread. :rolleyes:
    No need to be so harsh on yourself but at least you're learning from your mistakes. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I stopped half way through this thread, but I agree 100% with Bazmo. :)

fade2black wrote:
    I stopped half way through this thread, but I agree 100% with Bazmo. :)

Stopped halfway through?

had you heard this one before, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah sure you're all only a bunch of comedians. :)

As I said though, I'm a presenter of an indie show - old and new (with the emphasis on old) and I just LOVE introducing people to good music. I titled the thread the way I did in order to draw attention... and it worked!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So why the need to point out that this is a cover of an 80's track when so many others have slipped through the net over the years. If I had a quid for everytime I heard some teenager running around whistling some song that charted when I was a kid I'd be a very rich man...
    Why hate on Ronson? He's very good at what he does...no-one says you have to like it. I hated the f*cking Smiths and Morissey when I was a kid. Depressing bunch of trenchcoat wearing tossers is a term that springs to mind. But listening back to their stuff now I can see why they were so liked and I found a lot of their stuff I actually did like. If producers like Ronson can put these old tracks out there for a new generation and make some moolah out of it along the way then fair f*cks to them.

Whilst we're on the subject WTF is up with all the Supertramp reissues/samples? I am sick to ****ing death of it already.

oh - and just a quicky slightly OT - Ronson comes from a pretty good musical pedigree...his old man, Mick, was a Spider from Mars, as in "Ziggy Stardust and the" and he produced Lou Reeds 'Tranasformer' along with the Dame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have nothing against Mark Ronson. But I wanted to make people aware of the original, because I think it's stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

As far as remixes go I quite like it based on the fact that it's a re-working of the song and not just sample looped with a repetative beat.

Advertisement