Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driver theory test for Trucks

Options
  • 24-05-2007 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to apply online for a test for trucks and it keeps asking for MTO: .
    I have no idea what it is and it is a compulsory field but the website don't explain what the hell it is.

Can anyone explain please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Motor Tax Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks! I take it you stick in the county or the town there?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Stark

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055096799

Apparently it's the number on your driving licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,342 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved

Thanks for all the info. I take it to apply for a truck theory test you must already have a full licence for Cat B?

• Advertisement

Sorry for all the questions, this MTO number is the driver number 27/xxxxxxx or the red serial number on the licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bond-007 wrote:
    Thanks for all the info. I take it to apply for a truck theory test you must already have a full licence for Cat B?
    Yes to apply for a C1 or a C you need to have a full licence in category B.

To apply for a E+C/E+C1 you need to have a full licence in C/C1.

Yes to apply for a C1 or a C you need to have a full licence in category B.

To apply for a E+C/E+C1 you need to have a full licence in C/C1.
    Things must have changed a bit. I thought you could apply for C1 with no driving experience?

Bond-007 wrote:
    Things must have changed a bit. I thought you could apply for C1 with no driving experience?
    Yes, you could up to a few years ago but that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off. :D

Anyways I am up on the 19th of June in Nenagh for my theory test. Seems there are not a lot of dates open and I checked 5 centers near me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Bond-007 wrote:
    Anyways I am up on the 19th of June in Nenagh for my theory test. Seems there are not a lot of dates open and I checked 5 centers near me.

I did the Cat 'C' Theory test last month,only a few questions were actually about cat 'C',the rest were Cat 'B' & general rules of the road.
    make sure you have the revised theory test book(€17.99);)
    when you pass the theory test you will have to get a medical cert from your Doctor before you can apply for your prov licence.you can download the form here-http://www.ism.ie/keywords/truck-driving-school.html were it says 'Getting Started'

mondeoman wrote:
    I did the Cat 'C' Theory test last month,only a few questions were actually about cat 'C',the rest were Cat 'B' & general rules of the road.
    make sure you have the revised theory test book(€17.99);)
    when you pass the theory test you will have to get a medical cert from your Doctor before you can apply for your prov licence.you can download the form here-http://www.ism.ie/keywords/truck-driving-school.html were it says 'Getting Started'
    Thanks for that! I invested my €17.99 today.

How many were actual Cat C questions?

Bond-007 wrote:
    Thanks for that! I invested my €17.99 today.

How many were actual Cat C questions?

about 6 or 7:eek:
    Read the questions fully & take your time answering,you can 'flag' any question & go back & answer it before you finish.

FFS! :eek: All Tacho rules I bet. :)

Bond-007 wrote:
    FFS! :eek: All Tacho rules I bet. :)

Axel weights,driving hours,breaks etc.brake retarder & when to use diff lock.overhang.get to know the tachograph symbols & working hours eg - you can drive a max of 56 hours in 1 week or 90 hours in a fortnight,its all in the book;)

Sat the test today and passed 40/40. :)

There were 30 questions about trucks and the remaining 10 were general rules of the road, was only asked one road sign (low flying aircraft) LOL! :D

Went to the doctor this evening and got my medical completed. So I am off to the tax office tomorrow for my licence.

Just need to find an instructor now. Thanks for all the help and advice i have received on this forum.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Sat the test today and passed 40/40. :)

There were 30 questions about trucks and the remaining 10 were general rules of the road, was only asked one road sign (low flying aircraft) LOL! :D

Went to the doctor this evening and got my medical completed. So I am off to the tax office tomorrow for my licence.

Just need to find an instructor now. Thanks for all the help and advice i have received on this forum.
    Well done Bond-007. :)

Advertisement