Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

With the day that's in it

• 24-05-2007 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Who is the ultimate BGRH politician? Be they Irish or other. Clearly on an international stage it must be Borris Yeltsin! But are there others who deserve to be called brother.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I always thought Brian Cowen looks like he is perpetually on the batter, with his generous BG and his big red nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

She looks like she enjoys her pints and fryups, so she gets my vote

umowlam98c.jpg

She?

tom dunne wrote:
    She?

Ah be fair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

jester77 wrote:
    Ah be fair :D

Mary(or Jabba as I like to call her) has no sex, she's actually an it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

tom dunne wrote:
    She?

lol

ROFL :D

When I posted "She" the picture wasn't displaying, hence my confusion.

I wasn't for a minute casting any aspersions on Big Mary's sexuality, or lack thereof.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

tom dunne wrote:
    I always thought Brian Cowen looks like he is perpetually on the batter, with his generous BG and his big red nose.
    My political sources assure me that this is the case. Skinful in Doheny & Nesbits and then a kip in the back of the Merc on the way home to Offaly.

Charles Kennedy was a true BG&RH kind of guy until he took it a bit far and decided not to brazen it out. Despite his ludicrous pint drinking claim, William Hague was *not* one of us.

tom dunne wrote:

I wasn't for a minute casting any aspersions on Big Mary's sexuality, or lack thereof.

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

tom dunne wrote:

Likely story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

John Bracken anyone? You just know that underneath that mop he is hiding his pure blood brother status.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mary, a man in a womans body.

and that was just for breakfast :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Wouldnt mind being the filling in a Mary and Mo sandwich.:D

MikeHoncho wrote:

:eek:

MikeHoncho wrote:

They would devour you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well for services to the cigar industry I think that Slick Willie Clinton definitely deserves to be called "Brother".

zaph wrote:
    Well for services to the cigar industry I think that Slick Willie Clinton definitely deserves to be called "Brother".

It's not just the cigar industry he provided services to. ;)

Definite Honourary Member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Jackie Healy-Rae ftw!

Internationally - you have to admire Alan Clarke MP.
    Did a mother & daughter on the same day (not at the same time though - that would be fairly sick) while vacationing in their house.
    I think that Hubby/Daddy was in the house at the time too - unaware what (who) his mate was doing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hill Billy wrote:
    Did a mother & daughter on the same day (not at the same time though - that would be fairly sick) while vacationing in their house.
    I think that Hubby/Daddy was in the house at the time too - unaware what (who) his mate was doing.

He'd get my vote. What a legend.

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote:
    Did a mother & daughter on the same day (not at the same time though - that would be fairly sick)

What would be sick about that?

Liberal family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Vegeta wrote:
    Mary, a man in a womans body.
    No, she's actually a woman...in another woman's body.

There is a wee bit of a difference between having a beer-gut and being morbidly obese.

I was going to suggest Jacky Healy Rae, but Hillybilly got there before me.

Bertie comes a distant second. The National Dish of Drumcondra (Bass and currychipschickenballs) has taken its toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I'll go for Winston Churchill. not only did he have a fine girth and a shiney dome but he possessed a healthy appetite for alcohol and a fine wit:

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them"

"My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop"

"I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me"

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly"

These days politicians get slated for inadvertently insulting menopausal wimmins - they'd have cruxified old Churchill. For shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Bob Hawke (ex Australian Prime Minister). He holds the world record for fastest beer drinker - 1.7 litres in 11 seconds :eek: That's more than 3 cans!

A Champion.

Of our own, I'd be inclined to think that Brian Cowen is well up there for BG&RH membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

boris johnson is a legend
    www.boris-johnson.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hill Billy wrote:
    Jackie Healy-Rae

Good call :D

serious.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

crosstownk wrote:
    Bob Hawke (ex Australian Prime Minister). He holds the world record for fastest beer drinker - 1.7 litres in 11 seconds :eek: That's more than 3 cans!

Foppin' hell!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

J.S. Pill wrote:
    I'll go for Winston Churchill. not only did he have a fine girth and a shiney dome but he possessed a healthy appetite for alcohol and a fine wit:

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them"

"My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop"

"I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me"

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly"

These days politicians get slated for inadvertently insulting menopausal wimmins - they'd have cruxified old Churchill. For shame.

Churchill is a must. He knows how to keep a woman in her place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Good call :D

serious.jpg

Jaysus! She's obviously got a good hold of him by the bōllōx with her secret third hand. And he's enjoying it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My vote goes to Churchill too. What other brother can claim to smoke cigars and drink whiskey before even getting out of bed in the morning - every morning? :eek:
    Only one man can win this challenge....
    Brothers, i give you Mr. Silvio Berlusconi:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1OBSkVVS3o

That's not Berlusconi. He doesn't have the balls to pull that off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

www.johnbracken.ie

Must be a wig and judging by the shirt i'd say he drinks an unmerciful amount of porter

Advertisement