Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Predictions

Options
  • 24-05-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there was one of these before .
    Just wondering what people think will come up

1. Final Accounts???
    2.Not doing
    2.Not Doing
    4.Not Doing.
    5.Interpretation Of...
    6.Service Firms
    7. Incomplete Record Type B
    8.Costing
    9.Budgeting

Would i be safe enough To just revise all costing questions and leave budgeting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I'd guess at company for the internal accounts,and the shareholder satisfaction for interpretation.Maybe service firm.....as for the management you asked about leaving things out.That could be a dodgy choice because in previous years they've thrown curved balls in that section.So say you left out one,the one you studied for might be a weird one which you've never done before,and the one you left out a bog standard one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Sorry if there was one of these before .
    Just wondering what people think will come up

1. Final Accounts???
    2.Not doing
    2.Not Doing
    4.Not Doing.
    5.Interpretation Of...
    6.Service Firms
    7. Incomplete Record Type B
    8.Costing
    9.Budgeting

Would i be safe enough To just revise all costing questions and leave budgeting!

Yeah, but why bother... Budgeting is usually easier. (Cash is the hardest)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What the hell is Incomplete Type B? As in, which is which? Is type A the one where you have to find Sales yourself, or is it the one where you do the Bal. Sheet first and work backwards? I'm hoping the Bal. Sheet and work backwords one comes up.

1: Company Final A/C(balanced in 30 mins today)
    2:
    3:
    4:
    5: Interpretation w/ shareholder satisfaction
    6: Incomplete(Bal Sheet first one)
    7: Cash Flow
    8:
    9: Cash Budgeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Anyone believe Published will be there???
    I really hate this question and don't plan on studying for it,
    Given that I'm not doing Question 1 is this advisable or Not........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Hopkirk wrote:
    Anyone believe Published will be there???
    I really hate this question and don't plan on studying for it,
    Given that I'm not doing Question 1 is this advisable or Not........
    If it comes up it'll be 100 I think, but as far as I know its not due up by following the pattern. It came up as 60 last year IIRC

• Advertisement

Hope there's no Published..... coz I'll have to answer Ratios if there is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Whim

Published has come up for two years and then not for one year since the exam started. Seeing as how it's come up in 2005 and last year, we should be grand.

So anybody wanna tell me which type of Incomplete is Type A and which is Type B? Im still confused here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

B is the one where you do the balance sheet first i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Whim

Type A starts with you working out sales and purchases and then putting them into a trading, profit and loss account to work out the net profit which you then put into the balance sheet.

But type B is the opposite. You start with the balance sheet and the difference between the two final figures is the net profit. You then use that figure for the trading account, thereby working out sales and purchases.

• Advertisement

Thank you people. Well then, to clarify my prediction, I'd think that Type B will come up in Section 2 this year. Its much easier. From previous marking schemes, they take whatever figure you give for the net profit, but you have the sales exactly right, but ya still get the 2 marks or so for getting it wrong.

Mushy wrote:
    Thank you people. Well then, to clarify my prediction, I'd think that Type B will come up in Section 2 this year. Its much easier. From previous marking schemes, they take whatever figure you give for the net profit, but you have the sales exactly right, but ya still get the 2 marks or so for getting it wrong.

Yeah thats what's great about accounting, you can get the final answer completely wrong and still get most of the marks.

On another note, should i be fine for section 2/B(?) (ah whatever, Q5,6 and 7 i mean.) if i just know interpretation, incomplete A + B, and Club accounts/Service firms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

doing Q 1, but for section 5,6,7 im not doing ratio so i hav o choice wit Q's, im not preparing suspense a/c . am i safe enough because suspense was 100 mark last yr!!

Playa3, well you should be guaranteed Interpretation, but you might need to do one more part of Section 2.Just to make definately sure.

justbringit89, I'd guess that you should be safe enough, cos its rare for the same thing to come up twice in two years in the same section. I'm not doing suspense, maybe a little glance at most.

Last year would have been killer for me, suspense are kinda awkward, then havent done Tabular

Mushy wrote:
    Playa3, well you should be guaranteed Interpretation, but you might need to do one more part of Section 2.Just to make definately sure.

Yeah you're right, I did a published account yesterday as well so i reckon if that comes up and i'm stuck i've got the gist of it with the layout and such and can bluff my way through the notes at the end.

Actually while i'm at it, not directed at you mushy in particular but what are we looking at for the costing and budgeting questions? Doesn't seem like marginal will be up and stock/job costing came up in the mocks which is absolute piss so hopefully that'll be on this year

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

Question 1: cudnt care less, havent covered it
    Question 2,3,4: revaluation, Debtors/creditors control, and maybe a published
    Question 5: Ratios....very predictable question, one of the easiest q's imo
    Question 6: club a/c's
    Question 7:incomplete records....not sure which tho
    Question 8: the overhead absorpion rate thingy...cant remember the name! lol
    Question 9:dont care, havent covered

that wud b grand paper for me nyways! i really hope suspense and tabulars dont come up...came up last year so hopefully:D:D

doing Q 1, but for section 5,6,7 im not doing ratio so i hav o choice wit Q's, im not preparing suspense a/c . am i safe enough because suspense was 100 mark last yr!!

fairly safe..... never safe enough though! I'm avoiding that and Suspense.....

playa3 wrote:
    Actually while i'm at it, not directed at you mushy in particular but what are we looking at for the costing and budgeting questions? Doesn't seem like marginal will be up and stock/job costing came up in the mocks which is absolute piss so hopefully that'll be on this year

For the budgeting, the one I'm doing anyway, I hope its either cash or flexible. If its cash, I hope theres no discount workings in it though, just a straight-forward one. Flexible are fine. Do them in 20-25 mins max.

Advertisement