Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird in the bathroom.

Options
  • 24-05-2007 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Suppose this is the best place to post this.

Heard the dog barking half an hour ago. Went to check it out and there was a small bird flying around the bathroom. Went in, closed door behind me and opened the bathroom window. A decent sized window.
    Checked a few minutes later and the bird was sitting perched on the curtain rail, seemingly in no rush to vacate the premises.
    Just wondering will it make its own way out or should I try and help it out the window? Don't want to spook it into flying into a window.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

that's a very misleading title for the post.

I was expecting a voyeur thread............

[getting coat]...

S

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Leave a trail of bread crumbs LOL,

Leave it, it'll find it's own way out if you try and help it it'll just clatter itself into the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

one piece of advice close the toilet lid down, my aunt was looking after a sick wild bird just had it up flying about next day couldnt find it it had drowned in the toilet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Best thing to do is wait until dark, the majority of our wild birds cannot see in the dark. Have a box with a towel in it ready. When it is dark, use a tea towel or something to gently (make sure you don't squeeze it!!!!) lift the bird and put it into the box. This would be a lot less stressful than trying to catch it in the light. When morning comes, bring it outside and set it free and bob's your uncle. :)
    PS make sure the box has airholes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

For anyone who was waiting on tenterhooks for the outcome of this scenario, well, it's over.
    Bird was evacuated with no fatalities. The operation was a complete success. In other words, he got bored and flew away.
    Mind you, for a small bird, it sure could sh*t a lot. In the bath, on towels, on the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

You might want to kepp the window closed for a few days, or at least keep the doors closed so that he can't fly all around the house. We once had a bird regularly fly in and out of bedroom windows (those windows with three small panes that open, beside a huge plate of glass). He'd fly in, **** on a few things then fly out again. He'd have been and gone before we got home in the evening. Eventually he stopped coming.

Advertisement