Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless broadband in Connemara

Options
  • 24-05-2007 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

On my way up towards the tv mast near Clifden yesterday I met an Eircom van and another vehicle with something like wireless boadband writen on the side coming down.
    Does it mean that wireless broadband is finally arriving? I understand Eircom says sfa on this subject so haven't enquired directly but think I have heard that the government is giving these Isp's a bit of a shove into supplying rural areas with bb in the near future.
    Have I cause for hope?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Eircom have had Wireless Broadband for years.. They just didn't want to sell it. Even now, mostly it is for those in DSL area that fail line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

www.lightnet.ie have had equipment on the RTE mast at Clifden since at least last December (when I spotted it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 garydav

bkehoe wrote:
    www.lightnet.ie have had equipment on the RTE mast at Clifden since at least last December (when I spotted it).
    thanks for that info.
    I have filled out their contact form.It seems to be 35eu a month for 1Mb/s and a 200eu connection fee.Surprised they didn't leaflet us though as we seem to be in their coverage area.Fingers crossed.

Advertisement