Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus SC430 - what are your thoughts?

Options
  • 24-05-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

I don't usually post here, although I lurk sometimes. Just wanted to know if anyone here drives a Lexus SC430?

http://www.lexus.com/models/SC/

If so, I'm extremely jealous. I think this is the most beautiful car I've ever seen, and i've been a fan for a number of years. Although I did here it was slated in the reviews ... although don't quote me on that.

Anyway, I've a lot of saving up to do! Would kill to take it for a test drive. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

IF you're a girl, go for it. If not, I'm really really sorry ("for what?" he asks) :D

Drove one a few years back, very quick, but not nearly as nice as the LS430/LS400, which is what I went for in the end. Supreme comfort! The SC430 won't give you much back, maybe 15-20 mpg normally, maybe 25 mpg on a trip, judging by my own LS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

I personally love the look of them alright .. but it wouldn't rank too highly on my desirable list.

It is geared towards the US golf club market in reality ... looks good, has some performance and costs a bomb .. ticks everybox for them.

On these forums you will have plenty of people tell you to buy an Ocatvia RS (second hand of course) and keep the rest of the loot to buy a round the world cruise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I hate the look of them. Just my opinion but I think they are dreadful looking. Wouldn't mind a drive in one though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I still cannot get away from the fact that's it's just an expensive Toyota. It's probably ultra reliable & nice to drive but not my cup of tea. Even the LS430 was a disapointment to me, a friend of mine picked up one of these a few weeks ago & a lot of my work jeep (Landcruiser) appears in there. I'd be gutted if I thought I'd forked over €125k for a car that came from a rep mobile/ farm machine parts bin.
    the interior finish was not what I would call refined but each to their own.
    That's my only negatives & it's only my opinion others may beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cars for successful prostitutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Anan1 wrote:
    successful prostitutes

What's one of them? :D

Anyhow - it's got a big fat @rse, and that's a cardinal sin in my book (like the 307CC, megane convertible, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have never liked them and don't understand why anyone else would either

better choices out there IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

not worth the money...imo

ambro25 wrote:
    What's one of them? :D

Anyhow - it's got a big fat @rse, and that's a cardinal sin in my book (like the 307CC, megane convertible, etc.).
    It's built for comfort, not for speed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hmm I'm a girl thanks! :) And not a prostitute either, thanks for that input though!

I'd never fork out that money either, couldn't justify it. It to me looks like a classy, elegant car, flashy but not over the top. I like the idea of a powerful car too, and I love the interior.

Speaking of cars with big arses, I actually love the 307cc and the megane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It looks like it doesn't know if it's going backwards or forwards, but I think it's a lovely looking car.

Anan1 wrote:
    It's built for comfort, not for speed...

LOL - witty, me likes :)

ambro25 wrote:
    LOL - witty, me likes :)
    I'm really not that bad when i'm not talking about VRT.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭nastysimon

Bland, fat, uninvolving, boring. It looks like they were trying to make a sports car, but couldn't be bothered with actually styling it. Its not a sports car to drive either, so it falls down there too.
    It's not that Toyota can't make sports cars (the MR2 wasn't half bad), but it seems that they just can't make one to compete with Jags or Porsches. It's designed for the American market not for Europeans who demand that their sports cars are actually such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Meant to be a really really bad car from what i've heard around the place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Don't do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Specifically designed for a J-Lo music video.

Word is Michael Flatley had one too... ;)

Anan1 wrote:
    I'm really not that bad when i'm not talking about VRT.;)

Never said you were, just enjoying discussing the issue... thoroughly ;):)
    nastysimon wrote:
    It's not that Toyota can't make sports cars (the MR2 wasn't half bad), but it seems that they just can't make one to compete with Jags or Porsches.

[bait]Current MR-2... talk about a girly car![/bait]
    Now, if you were referring to the MkI/MkII however, then that's a whole 'n' other kettle of fish altogether of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭nastysimon

ambro25 wrote:
    [bait]Current MR-2... talk about a girly car![/bait]
    Now, if you were referring to the MkI/MkII however, then that's a whole 'n' other kettle of fish altogether of course.
    Nah, not really. They were all girly cars ;)
    Also, I believe that Toyota have stopped making them too. Which now means that they don't make a single _interesting_ car, Lexus or Toyota, IMNERHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    Cars for successful prostitutes.

Male or female prostitutes? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Toyota must have sacked all their designers a few years ago and handed over styling to the office junior. Just compare the last model and current model MR2s and Celicas. As for the SC430 - I'm sure it's a superbly built, fast and supremely comfortable car - but it looks like a wax model which was left too close to the fire.

Slightly off topic - Why can't we have Japanese build quality with European styling? Hyundai have managed a very good looking car in the current model Coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

TJM wrote:
    Why can't we have Japanese build quality with European styling? Hyundai have managed a very good looking car in the current model Coupe.

I often wonder about that myself. Perhaps Hyundai paid an Italian to design the current Hyundai Coupe. Perhaps no other Asian car manufacturer ever thought of doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've driven one, they're quite fast, but it's very tacky inside, and the rear seats are a joke.

colm_mcm wrote:
    the rear seats are a joke.

.. must be true. Didn't even know it had rear seats! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It looks like Noddys car tbh.:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Handling is absolutely rubbish. Comfy certainly but so is this...06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I dont recall ever hearing anyone saying they liked the way the SC430 looks. Why bother !

The first one I ever saw was bright red................I am only just getting over the nausea now !

That guy driving the........emm.............err.......sofa......isn't he Edd China that does that car programme with Mike Brewer ?

Well it all comes down to personal taste I guess. I've heard a lot about the MR2 but I think thats the most hideous machine to hit the roads. Don't like the Boxter, don't like the MX5 (although thats not a real car). Love the new VW Eos (is that what its called?)

The SC430 is fab in black. Don't think i'd fancy red either.

MercMad wrote:
    I dont recall ever hearing anyone saying they liked the way the SC430 looks. Why bother !

The first one I ever saw was bright red................I am only just getting over the nausea now !

That guy driving the........emm.............err.......sofa......isn't he Edd China that does that car programme with Mike Brewer ?

Yes. That sofa is the worlds fastest piece of furniture. 87 mph.

Incredibly it's road legal too :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I like the SC430, think its retro design is really nice, not sure if i would buy one over something like a boxter but they are nice to look at, esp if driven by a minx like that robot in T3. HELLO red leather all in-one thingy.

Advertisement