Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyPower - Constituency Betting

Options
  • 24-05-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Is it my imagination or have PaddyPower pulled some of the constituency's from their list of possible bets, I could have sworn that Kerry North, South and Clare were their yesterday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

I am beginning to wonder if there is not something up with this betting lark...

I might be just going man but, do you think its a lark to swing momentum in a particular party's favour?

Say for instance, a famous well known bookie, goes into a betting office an lays a 25k bet on Bertie to be next Taoiseach, that makes the papers, and suddenly its momentum with Bertie again, better than any (banned) exit poll.

Whats 25k in an election like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

AidoCQS wrote:
    Is it my imagination or have PaddyPower pulled some of the constituency's from their list of possible bets, I could have sworn that Kerry North, South and Clare were their yesterday?

They've removed a lot of the constituencies. Probably because they were too exposed on some candidates (they had Micheal Martin at 1-10 in Cork South Central for a while, which was a bit silly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Yip. it looks like they've shut down a lot.

PH01 wrote:
    Yip. it looks like they've shut down a lot.

I can't blame them. There are some candidates that simply are dead certs. The core FF & FG vote in a lot of constituencies guarantees certain candidates will get through, the debatable points are the 3rd/4th/5th seats generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Can we still lay bets, or is it too late?

• Advertisement

Can we still lay bets, or is it too late?

Yup. Not all the constituencies are available though.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_disp_cat&disp_cat_id=31

Advertisement