Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data sent/received

• 24-05-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Can you tell me if the data charges for packet data are for both sent and received data? My N73 allows me to upload photos to Flikr buy obviously the pics are sizeable.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Yes. Both sending and receiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

is there any computer application that monitors data / sent received - I've bought the 3 usb modem so will be looking to keep within the 10gb limit.

As far as I know the only accurate way to monitor your usage at the moment is to call up 3 and ask them to check. I expect 3 Ireland to soon release an official connection manager type application that tells you exactly how much you have used, such as they make available in Austria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Yes. Both sending and receiving.

ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

As far as I know the only accurate way to monitor your usage at the moment is to call up 3 and ask them to check. I expect 3 Ireland to soon release an official connection manager type application that tells you exactly how much you have used, such as they make available in Austria.

I'm sure that My 3 will eventually be available online as it is on handsets.

• Advertisement

It should be noted that with 10 Gb, it should not be too hard to remain within the cap. I don't really think I use more than 5 Gb myself, and most of my usage is just light web browsing and email anyway. If you're uncertain, you can always call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I noticed a data counter somewhere in my N95 settings, I'd assume that the N73 has similar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

culabula wrote:
    I'm sure that My 3 will eventually be available online as it is on handsets.

until then this looks like it will do the job :

bitmeter 2

any comments on this app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Spliffy

there is a data sent/received counter on the n73 its in one of the tabs in the log. if you ring your network provider they can only look back on data from 24 hrs before or so making it hard to keep track of what your using

Advertisement