Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing make-up?

• 24-05-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issues as me! I have a lot of make-up (training to be a make-up artist), for some reason, I cannot manage to keep my vaseline or my black MAC eye pencil, I have bought countless of these this year alone, 'cos they just keep getting lost. My housemate has the same problem with her black MAC eye pencil, everything else is fine, eyeshadows, lipsticks, they're never an issue, just these two things....anyone else have any random make-up products that keep disappearing? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Keep your pencil with your brushes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I'm tellign you it doesn't matter, everythign is all kept together, all my other pencils are fine, I have a black rimmel one that I have to keep using, 'cos the fecking MAC one has went walkabout again! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think the rimmel one is better than the mac anyway. I always lose my lipgloss, especially my mac one's, although i think my sister may be stealing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i have the same problem:(then they all turn up at the one time!i found seven eye liners cleaning out my room last week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I think the industry depends on this. How many times have you ever actually used up all of a make-up item? Very very rarely for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

simu wrote:
    I think the industry depends on this. How many times have you ever actually used up all of a make-up item? Very very rarely for me.
    you've got a point i never actually pear my eyeliner down to really small. it goes missing before hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

Eyeliners and mascara go missing on me. Now I just have a stock of mascara - one in every bag i have that way I can always get one.
    I agree with the eyeliners never being used up they always vanish before hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

my eyeliner's tiny..sharpened down to the end nearly, go me!!! :D
    must buy a new one actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I frequently lose eye pencils. They seem to work their way out of that little gap where the zip doesn't fully close up on my make up bag, and then work their way out of that little gap where the zip doesn't fully close up on my handbag :) I've recently started bundling them up with mascara, lip gloss etc with a hair tie to stop them escaping. Works well (when I remember to do this!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

My eyeliners and lip gloss are always, always going missing!!

It drives me crazy, especially when i go out and buy a new one the exact same and then the old one show's up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm quite good at not losing stuff actually. I carry a lipstick around every day but that's it. I tend not to bring much else as my make up is quite good at staying on for the day.
    The lipstick has never been lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

^^ what foundation do you use Pythia? (curious cos I need one with more stayin power) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh Snap! I'm forever losing eyepencils, only expensive ones though! The cheap ones never seem to go missing! Vaseline too, can never keep track of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i just have at least three of each make up item so i always can find at least one:D i havent fully used up a make up item in years though because of it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Strokesfan wrote:
    ^^ what foundation do you use Pythia? (curious cos I need one with more stayin power) :)

Estee Lauder Double Wear. Only problem is, it's difficult to take off at night.
    I've used it for years though, love it.
    I also find using a foundation brush to apply it helps with the staying power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Yeah, I agree with the foundation brush, I've only started using mine and it really helps with the coverage (duh) but my foundation always stays in place alot better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Chances are because of the size of them, they's easily slip out of a pretty small hole in your handbat (say like you might find at the end of a zip). How about putting them inside a zipped inner pocket in your handbag??

Then again what would I know, I'm a bloke I can't even leave teh seat down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭starlight07

ALWAYS HAVE THAT PROBLEM... then you see a friend using them whilst gettin ready to go out so u snatch it back lol

What I want to know is where do all the tweezers/ scissors go.... if I have to buy another tweezers I swear Ill go nuts...

Oh and dont even get me started on socks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Weird. :confused::confused::confused:
    I've never lost anything!!! :cool:

I usually buy new make-up when I'm bored of a style. And new mascara very 3 months at the latest because they say it gets dirty bacteria-wise very quickly and I have contacts. So I want it all clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Totally with you on the vasleines!Im always losing them.I now have so many in an array of colours,blue green,yellow that I keep one in each trouser pocket and coat pocket I own!I still end up losing them though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

1174329819-405881964_082b3725d1.jpg

I've managed to keep the same eyeliner for a while now but there is never an eyeshadow brush or lip balm to be found even though I own about 50 of each at this stage!

Advertisement