Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to colour or not to colour

Options
  • 24-05-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

Hi, im getting quite a large side torso piece across my ribs and trailing onto my lower back, anyway and its decision time as far as to colour or not to colour or get it done in black.
    It includes honeysuckle, a ladybug and a swallow. i love colour and would like to get it done but i've only had a black tattoo so far so i want some advice. i know colour fades and all but i was wondering if its alright to repeatedly recolour a tattoo say every ten years or until i dont care anymore lol:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say either get it in colour, which would be the best way to show off the ladybug and the honeysuckle, or get a stylized black one.

But I think colour is the way to go here, keep it new school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

I'd say either get it in colour, which would be the best way to show off the ladybug and the honeysuckle, or get a stylized black one.

But I think colour is the way to go here, keep it new school :D

Yeah i think colours the way to go too. What do you mean by new school lol im not exactly up on my lingo :D

Im planning on getting it done in new york this summer and im talking to this really great artist over the net. Cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

New school = nice bright vivid colours and plenty of them!

If you just google "new school tattoos" you'll get plenty links to galleries!

Oh yeah, thats what i thought of when i thought of colour anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i say go with colour:)cant go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

COLOUR!!

Haha. I'm having my side inked asap too. And I couldn't imagine a black sidepiece. No thanks. And colour wise, just really look after it and you'll be grand.

yeah i guess, plus im not the type to sunbathe lol. i'l put it up once its done cyas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

I was planning on starting a thread but it's easier just to hijack this:D

I'm thinking of getting a jester skull tattoo with a rose incorporated(standing for two important parts of my life, the reasons which I won't bore you with)

I was wondering if it's a better idea to get them coloured or black and white? I read somewhere that coloured tattoos fade after a while.
    Is there any truth in this?

Advertisement