Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cellular Repair Centre, Limerick rips you off!!!

• 24-05-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I went to this shop 2 days ago to get my phone unlocked. They messed up the mobile. When I got it back yesterday, the original SIM card of the mobile no longer worked as I could not get coverage.

The asshole running the show there in Cellular Repair Centre suggested me to go to a Meteor shop to see if it was blacklisted. As it turned out, it hadn't been.

I then went back to the cowboy again and this time he said it needed repairing and suggested this time that I go to the Nokia Centre in Catherine Street. After all, it was a Nokia mobile.

However, when I confronted him with the fact that the mobile was new (bought it over Xmas '06) he said it was a cheap brand and liable to get damaged etc. It's a Nokia 2310 that I bought for 59 euros. Nokia are one of the best makes of mobiles. Cheap it was but I had hardly ever used it! After all, he had said he ''had unlocked 1000s of mobiles''. He was obviously real reliable according to himself. Wouldn't admit to having made a mess of things.

He offered to repair it himself then but said he'd have to charge me for the mess-up he had made with the unlocking in the first place, this was after having charged me 20 euros for the unlocking in the first place. Nice guy, ha?
    So, I went to the Nokia Centre where fortunately, it's under guarantee and will be repaired within 10 days.

Some advice - stay away from Cellular Repair Centre!!!! You'll have no comeback!!!! No return on monies paid, that's the Cellular Repair Centre way!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ruairi79

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll be honest most of the phone's i have gotten repaired or unblocked off him seemed to be grand but he charges crazy prices for motorola's. And when i lost the arial for my V1050, which i got unlocked xmas 06 as well, he made it seem as if they were as rare as hens teeth and charged me 20 quid for it. I stupidly took it and then found u could buy them for alot cheaper. There are programs u can download to unlock motorola's urself, so i can't see why he charges 40 euro for them. My sis bought a sony erriccson something or other for 300 euro with vodafone(500euro with meteor) and went to get it unblocked! He wanted €80 of her... Mad man....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Those newer Sony's are a bit difficult to get unlocked. It's normally around 50euro online for the K800i's.

Also, there's been no phones on Meteor that are that price bar the Nokia 8800 Sirocco so don't be telling porkies :)

chrislad wrote:
    Those newer Sony's are a bit difficult to get unlocked. It's normally around 50euro online for the K800i's.

Also, there's been no phones on Meteor that are that price bar the Nokia 8800 Sirocco so don't be telling porkies :)

I;m not telling lies. She's with meteor and she wanted to buy that phone. It was 350 with vodafone and it was €500 with meteor. This could of been before christmas when it first came out. Why else would she still have a vodafone version??? Lol Not tryin to be narky like it's just i know for a fact that was the price!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I;m not telling lies. She's with meteor and she wanted to buy that phone. It was 350 with vodafone and it was €500 with meteor. This could of been before christmas when it first came out. Why else would she still have a vodafone version??? Lol Not tryin to be narky like it's just i know for a fact that was the price!!:eek:
    what was the phone? these are their phones

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/payg_phones.html

and they haven't changed for a while. as you can see the most expensive is €249

• Advertisement

I'm telling you there is no way there was a phone on PayG for 500euro! I've been selling phones for 2 years and no Meteor phone has ever been that expensive on PaYG. Most expensive that I can recall was the W800i which I think was as high as 329e when it came out.

Not trying to start any fights so relax. I just know I'm right :)

Now! I got in contact wit the sister at and the time she was buying the phone off meteor (Sony Ericsson K800i ) it WAS in excess of €500. With vodafone it was €350 euro. The reason of the price with meteor was the limited availibility of the phone on the meteor network. You can ring meteor or some **** if u like but they are not selling the phone in huge amounts with meteor it's limited.
    Check and mate..

Meteor have never sold the K800i. Ever. At least not in any Meteor store. CPW don't count as they are a law upon themselves.

*picks up his King and knocks down Limerick-Man's one*

:)

Point out where i said it was bougth in a meteor shop? And at that that's where she say it

Well, you said with Meteor. And since the other companies that sell Meteor (ie CPW, 3G,) aren't Meteor, it was a given. *Shrugs*

My guess is that CPW (or whomever) were giving her a sim free model at that price.

• Advertisement

Now i'll clear up everything. She went to buy this phone and she went into meteor. Meteor had the phone for a limited time and were selling it for excess of €500. This was in Limerick. So she went into a vodafone store and they were selling it for €350. And this will show ur knowledge of phones because the sister was in a meteor store half an hour ago and they are selling a new phone, on bill pay for something in and around €600 euro. I don't want to argue anymore knowing what my sister payed for the phone with vodafone(€350) because it was too dear with meteor at €500. She went then in to get it unblocked and it was costing €80 (why would u unblock a phone for €80 if it only cost under €350. I know it's sounds like crazy money but at the time which was before christmas, these were the prices!

And this will show ur knowledge of phones because the sister was in a meteor store half an hour ago and they are selling a new phone, on bill pay for something in and around €600 euro.

Please see my first post in this thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mc-owned.jpg

""I'm telling you there is no way there was a phone on PayG for 500euro! I've been selling phones for 2 years and no Meteor phone has ever been that expensive on PaYG. Most expensive that I can recall was the W800i which I think was as high as 329e when it came out.

Not trying to start any fights so relax. I just know I'm right ""

Ur cleary not right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@Limerick-man
    You're using the price of a billpay phone to "prove" that phones on payg were the same price? How does that prove you right?

Since he doesn't have the decency to keep a private message just that (ie private), I'm done here.

ciaranfo wrote:
    @Limerick-man
    You're using the price of a billpay phone to "prove" that phones on payg were the same price? How does that prove you right?

The phone i was talkin about, i never said it was bill pay. I used a bill pay example sayin that there are phones out there through meteor that cost more than 400 euro which chrislad said there wasn't. I've no reason to prove any of ye wrong, i know what i know. I'm leavin it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Locked.
    Nothing to do with the thread title.
    Feel free to continue talking about rip off repair men in a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement