Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lol

Options
  • 24-05-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

i think everyone forgot about the 50m rule from polling stations, that is that posters are not allowed within 50m of a polling station!! saw 2 guards on the top of poles this morning taking posters down in wexford, sinn fein and pd cantidates....i just had to laugh at the guards on the pole!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hrmm should really wander up and point that out to the garda on duty in St. Marys BNS in rathfarnham. there's a ridiculuous number of posters around. including "Vote Seamus Brennan #1" signs stuck in the grass beside the road as you come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

Thats a job for the reserves if ever I heard of one...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'm in Dublin North Central and there are people driving up and down the roads with megaphones out of cars and i'm only 3 roads away from the polling centre. You can definately hear them from the polling centre. Cheeky. Its sinn féin.
    I assume that audio canvassing doesn't break the rules though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm in Dublin North Central and there are people driving up and down the roads with megaphones out of cars and i'm only 3 roads away from the polling centre. You can definately hear them from the polling centre. Cheeky. Its sinn féin.
    I assume that audio canvassing doesn't break the rules though. :p
    AFAIK it is illegal. I not sure it its Electoral Acts or the Noise Pollution Act though.

Advertisement