Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Call the doctor - I'm ill

Options
  • 24-05-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I was stuck behind a Sangyong Kyron the other day when I realised the sheer ugliness of it was making me physically ill. It's hideous! I was actually close to tears. If ever there was proof that there is no god, that abomination roaming the roads at will is surely it. It gives the notion that man is an intelligent species a good knock too. Not only was somebody blessed with the idea of getting the kids at the special school to design a car, somebody actually built it and ultimately somebody, who you have to assume is not blind, went out and bought it. Maybe it's a new form of self-fladulation? Maybe the people who buy them hate themselves as much as society seems to hate SUV drivers these days. Maybe they're actually a willfully independent statement against the conformity of style and aesthetics. Maybe the owner's ****tarded.

It's not the only motor to cause nausea in me either. Since then I've noticed the same thing happens when I see the front lights on the current Corolla, the boot-lid on an A2-hatch or anything by Hyundai.

I don't know if it's a good thing or not that the opposite - needing a bit of a sit-down after seeing a Brera Spider - hasn't happened yet......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yep, its not the nicest car going, but the Sangyongy Rodius is thee worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

You're both wrong gentlemen, this heap of scrap is:

ssangyong-actyon04.jpg

And it too is a Ssangyong!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No, I'm afraid this "award" goes to:

40-fiat-multipla.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Another strong candidite...567538596-ssangyong-rodius.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

Another strong candidite...ssong-yang_rodius-L.jpg
    A web banner isn't a car, numb-nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    No, I'm afraid this "award" goes to:

Nahhh ..the Multipla is brilliant but awkward ...that Actyon is just pure and utter shyte :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,285 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dr. Seuss wrote:
    A web banner isn't a car, numb-nuts!

Any more of that and you'll find yourself banned, Dr. Seuss

• Registered Users Posts: 65,285 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote:
    Nahhh ..the Multipla is brilliant but awkward

I agree! It's so ugly it is almost beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I can see why people would hate the looks of the multipla and the rhodius, but to me, the Kyron looks like yet another SUV to appeal to soccer moms. Maybe it looks a lot worse in real life, but it certainly wouldn't elicit a such a strong feeling one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Jeeze,

I bet you lot of complainers are the same bunch who complain about all cars looking the same these days... :rolleyes:

Along come SangYong, the New Civic and multipla, all daringly different, and you still complain. Although I personally do not like any of the above either, I do enjoy the variety they add to the modern cars on our roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,771 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...It's not the only motor to cause nausea in me either. Since then I've noticed the same thing happens when I see the front lights on the current Corolla, the boot-lid on an A2-hatch or anything by Hyundai.

and probably going to offend, but you can add the new-gen S-class to that. It even looks like a Kia........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

In case of the Ssangjunk Actyon ...not only is it buck-ugly (all a matter of taste at the end of the day and people ARE buying it) but it's also completely and utterly point- and useless.

It has the footprint of a Transit van, less interior space than a Golf and the bootspace of a supermini.

All that space is wasted on a tough 4x4 ladder frame and tonka-toy wheels, but it won't be of much use off-road either (not that anyone is going to take it there) ...most of them will be 2WD and the 4WD will be seriously hampered by fairly large overhangs.

The yoke weighs in at 1900 kgs :eek: and will ever only be capable of very modest acceleration which is probably a good thing because it leans in corners like a tall ship in a gale.

A "SUV coupe" (Ssangjunk marketing speak) ...??? .....gimme a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

eoin_s wrote:
    Maybe it looks a lot worse in real life

Pictures don't do it justice - it looks much worse in RL. Think bastard love child of Bertie Ahern and Mary Harney kinda ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I actually saw one of these yokes for the first time today:

1451953551-subaru-tribeca.jpg

Hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not the only motor to cause nausea in me either. Since then I've noticed the same thing happens when I see the front lights on the current Corolla, the boot-lid on an A2-hatch or anything by Hyundai.
    What's the problem with the Corolla's lights, would have thought they were fairly well done, and hardly in the same league as the Ssang Yong?

OB-AE506_beijin_20061119184012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Max_Damage wrote:
    You're both wrong gentlemen, this heap of scrap is:

ssangyong-actyon04.jpg

And it too is a Ssangyong!

was driving behind one from a distance today and didnt know what the hell it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

colm_mcm wrote:
    What's the problem with the Corolla's lights,

Might have been a '06 I was looking at. There was horible nobbly bits on top of the heads. Tried googling some pics but ended up with all sorts of ****e.

You don't drive a Corolla yourself, do you?........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

he sells them :D

Also, prospect - please don't put the new Civic in the same boat as those Ssang Yong scrap heaps :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Might have been a '06 I was looking at. There was horible nobbly bits on top of the heads. Tried googling some pics but ended up with all sorts of ****e.

You don't drive a Corolla yourself, do you?........

I had one earlier in the year as a company car, couldn't really fault it, maybe a larger engine would be nice.

Advertisement