Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit polls and paddypower.com

Options
  • 24-05-2007 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Paddypower.com has now suspended all betting on the election. Odds on the FF/Lab, FF/Green, FF/PD and FF/SF combos were falling all day. Odds on FG/Lab/Green combo lengthening all day. Does paddy have contacts with the exit pollsters, I wonder?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

They have an exit poll of sorts online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

will national exit polls be published at 10:30 pm or will we have to wait until tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I'm putting together an online exit poll. Just gathering votes now. If anyone wants to add theirs, please do so here: www.quirkeye.com/poll/

Early days yet, only about 50 votes logged. Will publish results once more data gathered.
    Don't add your vote if you added your vote to the first 5 pages of the Politics.ie exit poll online thread: yours have already been counted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There are only three candidates in the Dublin NC part. Maher, McDowell, McGrath.

None of the others are appearing in the drop down thing.

If you type them in, they will be added to the drop down list for the next person.

I'm doing it that way as I don't have time to type in all the candidates myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

the RTE exit poll is yours at.....7 am!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

According to Radio 1's 11 o'clock news RTE have an exit poll that will be released at 7am in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Paddy Power one is interesting.

It would seem that neither pairings of FF/PD or FG/Lab will have enough to make it. The fight may come down to who the Greens choose to ally with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could the Greenies possibly consider FF? Hardly.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

mike65 wrote:
    Could the Greenies possibly consider FF? Hardly.

Mike

I hope so - backed FF/Green Gov (excl. Inds) this week on Betfair. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

seamus wrote:
    The Paddy Power one is interesting.

It would seem that neither pairings of FF/PD or FG/Lab will have enough to make it. The fight may come down to who the Greens choose to ally with.

As of right now FF/PD = 39% & FG/LAB=40% :eek:

- Am chewing my knuckles to bloody masses of bone and cartilage right now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

can't go by the paddy power one at all, it allows you to vote as many times as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

can't go by the paddy power one at all, it allows you to vote as many times as you want.
    Yeah but why would you? You're not going to have any kind of effect on anything. Except a single poll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

seamus wrote:
    Yeah but why would you? You're not going to have any kind of effect on anything. Except a single poll...

i accidently did trying to refresh the damn thing after a while :o it wont let me look the results again unless i vote, which is kind of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

seamus wrote:

By the same token, should I be sorry I got off the couch to vote earlier on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

One thing I wanted to point out about the Paddy Power poll and other online poll is that you must take into account the fact that the parties that represent the wealthier portions of society are going to be over represented in these polls. This will be the case because the wealthier you are, the more likely it will be that you have a computer and broadband access at home, hence the obviously incorrect 8% attributed to the PD's. Internet exit polls are completely skewered, as they do not take personal economic situation into account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

sounds like a fair reflection of the election so... :D

agreed, if you look at numbers in so far, they look way off base:

FG: 26.01%
    FF: 19.32%
    LAB: 19.21%
    GP: 14.78%
    IND: 6.64%
    SF: 5.63%
    PD: 3.23%
    SWP: 2.2%
    PBP: 1.17%
    FRR: 0.31%
    CSP: 0%

http://www.quirkeye.com/poll/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

misterq wrote:
    agreed, if you look at numbers in so far, they look way off base:

FG: 26.01%
    FF: 19.32%
    LAB: 19.21%
    GP: 14.78%
    IND: 6.64%
    SF: 5.63%
    PD: 3.23%
    SWP: 2.2%
    PBP: 1.17%
    FRR: 0.31%
    CSP: 0%

http://www.quirkeye.com/poll/

An internet users poll is never going to be an accurate reflection of national figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

RTE Exit Poll:

FF: 41.6%
    FG: 26.3%
    Lab: 9.9%
    PD's: 2.6&
    SF: 7%
    GP:5%
    Ind: 7%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If that poll comes off FF will be back in power but with who?

I believe the 2002 poll was acurate within 1% however in 1997 it was a lot less accurate its all down totransfers now

Advertisement