Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty mains water...

Options
  • 24-05-2007 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

For many years, we have had small black particles, and slight discolouration in the mains water.
    Despite several hydrant flushings, they remain, although the water is much cleaner for about a week after each flushing. I'm lving in Killiney, and it seems that where we live, we have to accept this.... despite most of the county having far cleaner water, none of the sediment and particulate problems here. Though I suspect that our
    problems might be exacerbated by being close to a dead end of the main supply line.

I don't want to buy a water filter, except just to have one to put in the fridge. I just want to find out from anyone in the know on these matters (especially in Dublin) if I have any options except persistently asking our local council to flush out our closest hydrant, which they seem to be managing badly.

Advertisement