Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of the best...

Options
  • 24-05-2007 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

These are some of my all-time favourite songs, which do you guys think is the best?

Which is the best track? 37 votes

The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash
    0% 0 votes
    The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
    0% 0 votes
    Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
    2% 1 vote
    David Bowie - Space Oddity
    24% 9 votes
    The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
    21% 8 votes
    Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
    2% 1 vote
    Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
    13% 5 votes
    R.E.M - Electrolite
    8% 3 votes
    Bob Marley - Redemption Song
    8% 3 votes
    Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
    18% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

What songs?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, and why is the other thread exactly the same apart from the title? Also without songs. And it doesn't have a poll either, even though "poll" is in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Dudess wrote:
    Yeah, and why is the other thread exactly the same apart from the title? Also without songs. And it doesn't have a poll either, even though "poll" is in the title.

Sorry Guys.:o
    Imucked up a couple of times with the thread. Should be OK now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Monkey Alan

Interesting array of musicians. These are definitely some of the best songs ever though. Metallica get my vote with Bob Marley just missing out.:D

Bob Dylan wins for me by a mile. Although if the choice of Stones song was Gimme Shelter, I'd be in a bit of a dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not sure if this is welcome here, feel free to delete mods.

classic young, ragged and rough dylan live with like a rolling stone:

I wonder which one will get the least votes.:confused:

copacetic wrote:
    not sure if this is welcome here, feel free to delete mods.

classic young, ragged and rough dylan live with like a rolling stone:

Class stuff indeed.

What a class act, still going strong!!Does Brilliant Bob always change his songs a bit when singing live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The Dylan. I wouldn't even listen to Radiohead anymore. And the Verve is pure wa*k. IMHO, of course.

• Advertisement

nipplenuts wrote:
    The Dylan. I wouldn't even listen to Radiohead anymore. And the Verve is pure wa*k. IMHO, of course.

Bit harsh on the Verve. Urban Hymns was one of the best albums ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

For me,
    Like A Rolling Stone lost to Space Oddity by an incredibly fine hair

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bit harsh on the Verve. Urban Hymns was one of the best albums ever made.

No it's not and not it isn't. Out of all the millions and millions of albums you honestly believe this to be one of the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

REM Electrolite for me.
    Great song from a great album.

lordgoat wrote:
    No it's not and not it isn't. Out of all the millions and millions of albums you honestly believe this to be one of the best?

This is where the opinion vs fact debate comes in. I wouldn't be in agreement that Urban Hymns is one of the best albums ever made, but who am I to contradict someone when it's their opinion (provided they're aware it's only their opinion and not fact in the general scheme of things). Although if someone said Be Here Now was one of the greatest albums of all time, I'd have to bite my lip and clench those fists. :)

Don't really like the Verve much myself, but that song is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

All good choices but my personal favourite would be Redemption Song.

And Bob Marley overtakes his fellow Bob...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Dudess wrote:
    Although if someone said Be Here Now was one of the greatest albums of all time, I'd have to bite my lip and clench those fists. :)

And it's here that i'll point out that when it came out Q magazine gave it 5 stars. They gave Morning Glory 2, mind!

on topic...gave the nod to Dame David of Bowie, but only as a 'it's the best song, in my opinion, on this list'. It's not his best song (that's Heroes, IMNSHO), but then again JJF isn't the best thing the Stones did (that'd be Gimme Shelter, now that you ask)

And jesus - of the myriad of top Beatles tracks you go for Ticket to Ride? I mean, it's good'n'all, but it's hardly...oh never mind :D

And it's here that i'll point out that when it came out Q magazine gave it 5 stars. They gave Morning Glory 2, mind!

on topic...gave the nod to Dame David of Bowie, but only as a 'it's the best song, in my opinion, on this list'. It's not his best song (that's Heroes, IMNSHO), but then again JJF isn't the best thing the Stones did (that'd be Gimme Shelter, now that you ask)

And jesus - of the myriad of top Beatles tracks you go for Ticket to Ride? I mean, it's good'n'all, but it's hardly...oh never mind :D

Grumpytrousers by name...;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement