Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth express card

Options
  • 24-05-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Does such a thing exist i just got a dell inspiron and it has an express card slot but i cant for the life of me find a bluetooth card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Is it a PCMCIA slot?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Does such a thing exist i just got a dell inspiron and it has an express card slot but i cant for the life of me find a bluetooth card
    http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/cons_wtb.jsp

This seems to be a list of all available express cards - no bluetooth one there as far as I can see.

Its strange how they introduced this express card stuff with to little publickity - maybe not too many people use the pcmcia slots at all?

Could you not use a usb bluetooth dongle to get you by?

Moral of the story is get the bluetooth built in when ordering a new laptop!

JohnnieM wrote:
    Is it a PCMCIA slot?

This is what he is talking about:

http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I got it new off dell the other week i asked but bluetooth wasnt an option and was getting the laptop for such a low price that i just bought it. I have a dongle in it at the moment but need it on another computer somthing that doesnt stick out would just have been nice.

dub45 wrote:
    This is what he is talking about:

http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/

. Thanks .. i allready looked them up..I've read that they have the same interconnector so can a Reg Pcmcia card work in an express card slot? or is it too wide or narrow etc etc

• Advertisement

JohnnieM wrote:
    . Thanks .. i allready looked them up..I've read that they have the same interconnector so can a Reg Pcmcia card work in an express card slot? or is it too wide or narrow etc etc

No they are not compatible as far as I know. Seems mad because any pcmcia card that a person might be using becomes redundant when the person upgrades. I think a small number of laptops come with both slots.

Thanks.. It's gas cos it is not very clear no matter how much You read,..You'd think they would be somewhat backward or forward compatable.. probably not so as to make people go out and buy stuff..Thre do seem to some class of adaptors but cant make out are they to make new work in old or old work in new..lol

Advertisement