Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smell from water

Options
  • 24-05-2007 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

just noticed in the past couple of days there is an brutal smell from the water of the cold taps in the bathroom.the water is clear what could it be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

What kind of smell? Is it like anything in particular? Does it come from just the bathroom taps or from all taps in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Check your cold water tank to see if something hasnt fallen in (like a mouse or something). If you are getting this smell from every tap in the house and you have your own well, something may have fallen down the well instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

no problem with the cold tap in the kitchen and now got abit of a whiff from the hot water taps in both kitchen and bathroom,its not as bad as the cold taps though.if its something in the tap how can i fix it do i have 2 turn off mains and drain the tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Blindly draining the tank won't resolve the issue - it may cause other problems like air locks... Find out what's causing it!
    Get into the attic and have a look into the tank and see whether it smells too...

It should be fully covered. Sediment is normal at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've noticed this myself a while ago and it went away.
    The only thing I can think of is the water is taking a different route ,because of the new system thats in place.
    And occasionally old build up is being moved or something.

I know a guy that works in the water division (actually lays new mains) ,I must give him a ring and ask about a few issues brought up here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

sorted it was a dead bird floating.am not going to dwell on it as i am very near sick

Advertisement