Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird problem with new build , possibly Vista related?

Options
  • 24-05-2007 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

I have just built a new PC , Zalman 160 case with an Abit AB9 motherboard , a core2duo 6320 and 2GB of memory ,a Gainward 8500 256MB , and a 500GB hard drive.

While installing Vista home premium 32 bit , the PC went to reboot , then nothing .... the MB still powers up , there is a hex code on the Board , it stops at 2A , but this code is not listed in the manual for the AB9 board.

There is just no signal coming from the graphics card ,

So I did some troubleshooting , tried another graphics card , same thing , re-seated the memory , same thing , now heres where it gets interesting ,

I cleared the Cmos , and were back to normal , graphics output is OK , MB finishes the post no probem , so I wipe the hard drive and start the Vista install again , same issue , when it gets to the first re-boot , Bam ......no graphics output and the board stalls the post at 2A ,

Clear the cmos again , and were back to normal ......

Anybody any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I hate to be one of those people, but check out the first result here... a few other people experiencing this 2A thing.... Google search
    Basically they suggest updating the BIOS or setting your memory timings manually, someone also RMA'ed their board... seems like a promising enough suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

had this problem with 2 other abit boards it dosent like c2d very much , clear the cmos or pull out the battery then reboot and it should be fine failing that flash the bios to the recent revision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If bios flash fails to help go into bios and manually set RAM speed dont rely on the SPD timings.

Also check the bios and make sure that HPET is enabled if the option is present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Thanks 8T8 , and everyone who posted , I went into the Bios and manually set everything , saved it and the problem hasnt shown up since , I was already on the latest Bios by the way , so that wouldnt have helped , if anyone has this board , listen to 8T8 and set it up manually.

Advertisement