Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Text problem

• 24-05-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Here's the situation-

I'm on O2 Billpay and my friend is in the US, not sure what network they're on but am goin to find out.
    The thing is, I can receive texts from them no hassle but if I send one back it never arrives but I get a delivery report confirming delivery!!
    As far as I can tell it could be caused by an issue between GSM and CDMA standards but that doesn't explain why I can receive texts.

I'm gonna email O2 about it but was wondering if anyone here has heard of or had similar experiences?

Thanks for any responses! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 can only send SMS to GSM networks in the US as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

ciaranfo wrote:

Typical! :D
    Vodafone allow it as far as I know.
    Do you know if they have plans to change it soon? I'll ring Customer Care in the morning and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I read it here - http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About+O2/Terms+and+Conditions/O2.ie/Web+text/
    Only web text messages to GSM Operators in the States will be delivered. If sent to other Operators, your free messages may be decremented.

I assume it applys to texts from your handset too but I've based my answer on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Its actually a little more complicated than that - a lot of GSM operators in the US use 3rd party gateways and a lot of these don't allow you to send text messages from international locations.

Also don't assume that you get 160 characters per sms. Some of the operators truncate down to 100 characters per sms.

ciaranfo wrote:

Advertisement