Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So its nearly all over..........

Options
  • 25-05-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Heres the big plan.

Myself and a few of my friends were thinking of keeping the momentum up.

Basically, we are interested in returning the sentiment to the election candidates around Limerick East. From tomorrow we can be seen reciprocating the diligent care and attention shown to us all over the past couple of weeks.

Tommorow evening I plan to ring the doorbell of every candidate repeatedly, taking them away from whatever it is they were contentedly doing while simultaneously waking the baby.......10 minutes later, when they have somehow gotten the poor child back to sleep and have restarted their DVD from the point of interuption, one of the lads will begin violently ramming bits of paper through their letterbox as noisily as possible. These pieces of paper will carry NO useful information whatsoever. The will simply have a picture of one of the boys on it & a big fcuk off number 1

- We're thinking of kicking off the whole speakers on the roof of the car next week as a means to effectively irritating people in entire neighbourhoods all at once.

PM me if you'd like to help out, or if you need assistance in getting a local venture off the ground in your own contstituency.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, no one came to my door because I live in an *apartment* (the horror!) and many of the neighbours are *foreigners with no vote* (dun dun!). I was not impressed by that. The lazy canvassers seem to stick to housing estates.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I didnt see a single candidate, other than running into a couple of them in the local (but they were the ones I already knew) because...DUN DUN DUN - I live in a house with a LONG driveway.

seriously, the only people it stops from coming down here are tricker treaters and election candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

simu wrote:
    Well, no one came to my door because I live in an *apartment* (the horror!) and many of the neighbours are *foreigners with no vote* (dun dun!). I was not impressed by that. The lazy canvassers seem to stick to housing estates.:(

Eh, I'm quite happy that they didn't come knocking at our door. Plus you're registered at your parents anyway so they wouldn't be people you could vote for...

nesf wrote:
    Eh, I'm quite happy that they didn't come knocking at our door. Plus you're registered at your parents anyway so they wouldn't be people you could vote for...

Yeah, but I could have grilled them a bit - it would have been fun.:/

simu wrote:

Believe me, it gets boring quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

simu wrote:
    If you aren't registered there, they don't know you exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

are you two talking to each other via boards while sitting in the same apartment :eek:
    How big is this apartment :confused:

clown bag wrote:
    are you two talking to each other via boards while sitting in the same apartment :eek:
    How big is this apartment :confused:

We talk online sometimes when we're trying to get our son to sleep. Tis quieter and tends not to disturb him. :)

Victor wrote:
    If you aren't registered there, they don't know you exist.

Well, nesf is registered to vote there, though.

There are 7 people registered at my parents' house and only 1 canvasser came. I would've expected more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

ahh, I thought she had you locked up and gagged in the wardrobe or something. Does mini simu/nesf return the favour and let mammy simu and daddy nesf get a good nights sleep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It'd want to be a verrrrry long boreen waaaaaaay outside of a village for us not to canvass it.....we don't use a register doing it either....this week foreign nationals even started to tell us "we have no vote" before we started...some nice people though.

My car is only fit for a carwash after the 270 miles I did from 12pm Monday to 6pm yesterday...and that was only 5 towns

clown bag wrote:
    ahh, I thought she had you locked up and gagged in the wardrobe or something. Does mini simu/nesf return the favour and let mammy simu and daddy nesf get a good nights sleep?

Yes. But strangely wakes up at 4 am on the dot every night. As if he knew the boards back-up was done.
    It'd want to be a verrrrry long boreen waaaaaaay outside of a village for us not to canvass it.....we don't use a register doing it either....this week foreign nationals even started to tell us "we have no vote" before we started...some nice people though.

My car is only fit for a carwash after the 270 miles I did from 12pm Monday to 6pm yesterday...and that was only 5 towns

Have a word with the Cork City FFers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Which one's don't a few Cork constituencies touch on some city suburbs as well as the centrals.

....and my car wasn't the only one full either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

simu wrote:
    Yes. But strangely wakes up at 4 am on the dot every night. As if he knew the boards back-up was done.

How dare you folks rear your child on my thread :mad:

Off topic and unhelpful posting will result in a banning.

Have a nice day.

Loses interest and goes to bed...........Good night ;)

Raiser wrote:
    How dare you folks rear your child on my thread :mad:

Off topic and unhelpful posting will result in a banning.

Have a nice day.

Loses interest and goes to bed...........Good night ;)

:D

Advertisement