Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it?!

Options
  • 25-05-2007 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭

I've always wondered this but only got around to posting it now....Has anyone noticed when walking past the arts block, if you look above the arts cafe, there is a room up there that always has lights on and you can see lamps and stuff in there, ie. looks well furnished. Does anyone know what it is?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 harrybosch

the staff bar i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I always thought that looked like a really nice retro style apartment, and wanted to live there...(1min from bed to lecture)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SumGuy wrote:
    I always thought that looked like a really nice retro style apartment, and wanted to live there...(1min from bed to lecture)
    Yeah i thought that too, looks sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

It's the staff bar.
    It's quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah though the staff are as bad as students. I know one lecturer who popped out of there for 5 minutes to talk to a student, left his laptop in there assuming it would be safe, 5 minutes later... bye bye laptop.

• Advertisement

You mean you've been in it?:eek: How does one go about getting access to these premises?:D It's always open pretty late, lights are always on when i'm coming out of the library at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

what height are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

fullstop wrote:
    You mean you've been in it?:eek: How does one go about getting access to these premises?:D It's always open pretty late, lights are always on when i'm coming out of the library at 12.
    I used go in there a bit as a postgrad, after research seminars and the like. Having all your own hair and teeth makes you feel a bit out of place there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

rain on wrote:
    I used go in there a bit as a postgrad, after research seminars and the like. Having all your own hair and teeth makes you feel a bit out of place there.

QFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I used to have lectures at 1 o'clock in one the rooms beside it. The constant smell of toast was so frustrating at lunch time. I could never concentrate in that lecture!

• Advertisement

what height are you?
    Tall! Why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I was in there once or twice for lunch. It's bizarre, it looks like any other office from the outside, but when you go in theres a bar (with barman) and couches, tables, food... really strange. It's like a hidden little oasis in the horrible cast concrete mass that is the arts block.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Funnily enough, I was in there for the first time today as I just started as a temporary exec assistant here in UCD.

Is it as cool as they say?! Will i be able to drown my sorrows there when I come back for a masters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Its kind of cool the first time hanging with lecturers and all, but you feel sort of out of place unless your at least 30. Even then you'd probably feel odd. It is nice though.

If you just walked in would they ask you to prove you were a member of staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

If you just walked in would they ask you to prove you were a member of staff?

Well for starters it's usually locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well for starters it's usually locked.

That's cos it's a private members club. You have to pay a subscription to join, nothing too expensive. So not all lecturers are supposed to be in there, but they generally don't mind people going there during coffee mornings so they keep the door open then.

AFAIK, there's actually a list of people who are members up on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

what height are you?
    How long are you?

ask your ma!

• Advertisement
Advertisement