Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blue bangor natural slate

Options
  • 25-05-2007 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello all,
    I need some roofing advice. I have just purchased an 80 year old cottage in County Galway. I'd like to reslate the worn asbestos fibre-slate roof, and am wondering if anyone can recommend reclaimed blue bangor slate, and a reputable supplier of same?
    I was also thinking of using Rica 390 slate from Richmond Building Products, a gray Brazilian slate. Does anyone know anything about this slate?
    Thanks for any help,
    Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Been up and down that road....roofing decisions and all that!! Our roofers told me that if we bought Brazilian slate they'd go to another job...they worked with it before and said it was very brittle and diffcult to work with. Plus they said you'd be better buying something more expensive because of the amount of waste due to breakages etc. We ended up with fab clay tiles and I can highly recommend the guy we dealt with Seamus from The Blue Bangor Slate company...based in Dublin but deliver and sell all types of slates and tiles nationwide. He sells reclaimed slate all the time. Our roofers were so impressed with our supplier they now use him too! Happy to pass on his mobile if you need it. If you google Blue Bangor Slate company you should find an office no too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Roofsareus

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Roofsareus, if you wish to advertise, pay for it.
    Reported.

Advertisement