Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Exit Poll

Options
  • 25-05-2007 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Fianna Fail - 41.6%
    Fianna Gael - 26.3%
    Labour - 9.9%
    PDs - 2.6%
    Greens - 4.8%
    Sinn Fein - 7.3%
    Independants & others - 7.5%

2.5% margin of error

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

goddammit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

How many constituencies(sp) does it take into consideration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0525/election1.html
    3000 people at 166 polling stations. Doesn't sound like much, 18 voters a station, yet they claim a 2.5% margin of error and apparently it was very accurate last time. Still it is just the first preferences...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Was just about to post that MoominPapa, I dont know how they can claim only a 2.5% margin of error...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

I beleive its countrywide :(

I think we have to give props to Sinn Fein, thats a solid return, from an outfit who did not exist a few elections ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

FF - 41.6%

...oh sweet gentle suffering Jesus.... :eek: :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

ffs :(

crap crap crap

terrible result for labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like its all in the transfers then. So much for the breakthroughs from SF and Greens.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

Looks like FF+gene pool knocking on the door of an overall majority - any one of Lab, SF or Green would make up the numbers. Bertie makes history. The Mayo boys - worse hammering than last years All-Ireland. Enda might survive to fight again. PD's hopes restricted to salvaging McDowell, Harney and O'Donnell seats from the wreckage. Disappointing for Greens, Dan Boyle conceded on Morning Ireland they'll do well to take 8 seats. No huge breakthrough for the Shinners but will probably have become a lot more transfer friendly post decommissioning, NI Assembly, candidates without a "past" etc, so could pick up quite a few seats. A monumental disaster for Labour - the second election in a row where they lost ground having been in opposition. Remember Labour plus DL were on 41 (33 + 8) seats in 1992.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I feel like crying :(:( Looks like we're on for the great Fianna Fáil con job of 2007 that will see 1977 pale into comparison.

If those percentages work out in seats it will be around (taking in transfers and likley seats loses in some constituencies):

FF 74
    FG 45
    Lab 19
    SF 8
    GP 7
    PDs 4
    Ind/Others 9

It's really a case of who is going to go into government with the shower of incompetent chancers. If FF-PDs-Ind form the next government I'll probably riot.

Did people re-act to the suspicion that Labour were just a bit too confident or that Rabbitte was apparently disingenuous regarding coalition.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

rte exit poll was done early in the mourning before the main election rush came after 5pm. I would not put too much faith in it as rte have been very pro ff trought the whole election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

There's a phrase for it..........

It's the economy, stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

jjbrien wrote:
    rte exit poll was done early in the mourning before the main election rush came after 5pm. I would not put too much faith in it as rte have been very pro ff trought the whole election.

In fairness, their exit poll in 2002 was pretty accurate and had only a +/- 1 margin of error for each party. Take it that FF has at least 40%.

jjbrien

How do you work that out? They just said on air it was done throughout the day and the time of day is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Mike.

jjbrien wrote:
    Thats rubbish.
    On morning Ireland it said that it was conducted throughout the day from 730am to 1030pm and that the sample was bigger than 2002.
    Their 2002 one was very accurate.
    By the way this shows a slight rise in FF support on 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Moriarty wrote:
    Fianna Fail - 41.6%
    Fine Gael - 26.3%
    Labour - 9.9%
    PDs - 2.6%
    Greens - 4.8%
    Sinn Fein - 7.3%
    Independants & others - 7.5%

2.5% margin of error
    This is pretty close to last weekends opinion poll -

But is it too early to say "5 MORE YEARS!!!"

I feel like crying :(:( Looks like we're on for the great Fianna Fáil con job of 2007 that will see 1977 pale into comparison.

If those percentages work out in seats it will be around (taking in transfers and likley seats loses in some constituencies):

FF 74
    FG 45
    Lab 19
    SF 8
    GP 7
    PDs 4
    Ind/Others 9

It's really a case of who is going to go into government with the shower of incompetent chancers. If FF-PDs-Ind form the next government I'll probably riot.
    Codswallop.
    FF got a huge overall majority in 77,they won't this time.

By the way also this is a first preference exit poll.
    Transfers may be different and do make all the difference.

However it's already showing again how this board and politics.ie is a magnet for the disaffected as opposed to being a reflection of reality.
    But then I always thought that.
    Mood for change my árse based on this

I'll caveat this strongly though as counting only begins at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

jjbrien wrote:

Clutching at straws?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

jjbrien wrote:
    I would not put too much faith in it as rte have been very pro ff trought the whole election.
    RTE Pro FF!!!???
    You've got to be kidding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

What percentage is needed to form the government? Im trying to work out the possibilities.

PH01 wrote:
    This is pretty close to last weekends opinion poll -

But is it too early to say "5 MORE YEARS!!!"
    If ahern is Taoiseach ie he has the numbers in whatever make up,then he's hardly going to be pushed in his own party-Especiall given the storm he made it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ghupta Yahd

What happened to the mood for change?

T'was a media invention.

Mike.

cooperguy wrote:
    What percentage is needed to form the government? Im trying to work out the possibilities.
    Thats impossible to quantify.

You see this poll may not be as accurate as the last one given that this time there is a very strong transfer pact between FG and Labour.

I wouldnt go making any assumptions yet other than FF are unlikely to lose a lot of seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

well, the people get what they vote for. and they will get cronyism and incompetence. sad, but true, and reminds me why i live where i live.

wonder what will come out of the mahon tribunal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Going by this Fianna Fail will get at least 73 seats, its all down to tranfers with Fine Gael and Labour now, the last seats in the 5 seaters will be even more crucial now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

oh sweet dear christ FF aren't going anywhere :mad: :mad: :mad: . though in a way thats not a bad thing because at least they'll get it in the neck for whats coming down the road for the economy rather than FG/LAB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I predict a riot! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement