Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Exit Poll

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smarmore

Hippo wrote:
    According to my tally source, in Dublin south east so far it's Andrews 27%, Quinn & Creighton 18%, Gormley 15%. McDowell vote down by 50%. Unbelievable (in every sense) performance from Andrews.

Great to see McDowell losing ground but amazing he can still be so popular in one constituency when he's such a hate figure for the rest of the country. I personally disagree with all this anti-FF stuff. The country has never had it so good and yet there are people talking about a new wave of emigration if FF are re-elected!! The last wave came because of ridiculously high tax, now people are talking about running away from a country because there Government are lowering taxes to 18%!!! I think the exit polls will prove to be very accurate and the reults don't surprise me. Dissapointing to see there are still so many small-minded people voting for SF though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Maybe someone could start a Tallys thread with all the Tallys so far??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Just missed it on the radio - Anyone know how Harney is getting on ?

Lie if you have to - tell me she's struggling....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Will be glad to see FF back in power. I could not imagine enda running this country dont care what anybody says.

FG and Labour in power together when they have conflicting policies....wake up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That's one phrase I have grown to hate - "the country has never had it so good," my dad's a bus driver and my mother was a nurse, the Celtic Tiger did feck all to improve or damage our lifestyle or cost of living. The people of the country make their own fortune one way or the other. It's the economist and businessmen who've "never had it so good."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

PCros wrote:
    Will be glad to see FF back in power. I could not imagine enda running this country dont care what anybody says.

FG and Labour in power together when they have conflicting policies....wake up!

I kind of prefer FF on the balance of things. I'd still like to have some sense that there's hope for an alternative though. If they come away with a huge majority, I fear that they'll come away with the attitude that they can be as lazy, incompetent and corrupt as they like and still get re-elected. Didn't they nearly bankrupt the country last time they were in power alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smarmore

GDM wrote:
    That's one phrase I have grown to hate - "the country has never had it so good," my dad's a bus driver and my mother was a nurse, the Celtic Tiger did feck all to improve or damage our lifestyle or cost of living. The people of the country make their own fortune one way or the other. It's the economist and businessmen who've "never had it so good."

I was also referring to having better roads, being able to go on nice holidays without it breaking the bank etc. A good friend of mine's old man is a bus driver down in Kerry and was out of work for about 7 years during the 80s. He had to do all sorts of other menial jobs to get by until the economy took an upturn and he was able to get work again. Almost every industry has benefited, look at the nurses trying to get 35 hours a week and will probably get it!! I work 39 hours a week and I'm not crying about it.

My mam isn't a nurse anymore and she now works an average of 42 hours a week.

I have a feeling Fianna Fail may get in on their own or if not I see Labour heading in with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Smarmore wrote:
    being able to go on nice holidays without it breaking the bank etc.

That's thanks to Ryanair not Fianna Fáil! Aer Lingus were an uncompetitive disgrace before they came along. I do agree that employment has been a big winner though.
    GDM wrote:
    I have a feeling Fianna Fail may get in on their own or if not I see Labour heading in with them.

Rabitte has repeatedly said no way in hell. I hope they re-consider though. I'd be happy enough with a FF/Labour coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Stark wrote:
    I kind of prefer FF on the balance of things. I'd still like to have some sense that there's hope for an alternative though. If they come away with a huge majority, I fear that they'll come away with the attitude that they can be as lazy, incompetent and corrupt as they like and still get re-elected. Didn't they nearly bankrupt the country last time they were in power alone?

True but back then I think money was a hell of alot tighter. I'm being positive on this one, third time lucky and maybe they will pay more attention to public services and house prices.

Cant understand why people are pulling their hair out over them getting back into power. Fair enough FF did do stupid things but they did a hell of alot more good things for this country than any other party will.

Its not as if we are reinstating some kind of Bush back into power!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

No point in starting a political debate here now, otherwise I'll have to start going on about how little our economic success has been down to bertie and his mates and how incredible it is that an identikit FF hack like Chris Andrews can pull almost a third of the vote...anywhere.

Harney hovering around 9% I hear, FF up everywhere and Lab down everywhere. Mary Lou on a pretty low 7%. Tallies thread an excellent idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hippo wrote:
    Lab down everywhere.

The exit poll had labour polling at 12% in Dublin I think which is good for them.

Stark wrote:
    Rabitte has repeatedly said no way in hell. I hope they re-consider though. I'd be happy enough with a FF/Labour coalition.

I'd be happy with that, I'd love to see Rabitte as Tanaiste.

with 20% of the boxes open (East coast fm) in wicklow.
    2FF seem certain and 1 labour and 1 FG.

The last seat is up now between the greens and FG with FG being most likely.

Nicky Kelly of labour has seen his vote collapse apparently and even his local rival Fitzgerald of FF ahead of him.
    Interestingly kelly's 2nd prefs are so far running 2 to one to Fitz the local FF candidate.

Lots of salt as this is only a fifth of the votes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement