Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got new laptop with Vista, need Word, Excel?

• 25-05-2007 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a new laptop this week as my old p.c. had died. It has Vista on it, but I need to get Microsoft Word and Excel, and the package only comes with Microsoft Works. Can I get these discs somewhere or do I need to buy them. Are they available to download online?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

You'll need to buy them. Open Office is a free and powerful alternative. Personally I prefer MS Office, but if you don't have the cash lying around Open Office is probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Homer129

They might participate in Microsoft's Home Use Program - If you use MS Office on a work PC, you can get a copy for home use for free (+P&P)
    https://hup.microsoft.com/

I got Office 2007 Enterprise for less than €29, direct from Microsoft!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Homer129 wrote:
    They might participate in Microsoft's Home Use Program - If you use MS Office on a work PC, you can get a copy for home use for free (+P&P)
    Only true if the copy of office ALSO has software assurance too, which probably rules out most SME's
    https://oms.one.microsoft.com/tc/cr_information/hupcommonquestions.htm
    Only certain products for which your employer has licenses with active Software Assurance coverage are available for ordering at this time. There are also restrictions for your employer on the number of Home Use Program licenses that may be purchased by employees. Contact your employer’s Home Use Program Benefit Administrator if you have additional questions about availability of software through this program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

xmaslove wrote:
    ...I need to get Microsoft Word and Excel,.....do I need to buy them.....

Yes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

• Advertisement
Advertisement