Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimum upload settings when downloading torrents

Options
  • 25-05-2007 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what I should set the upload speed to when downloading torrents using bittorrent or any other p2p software, my upstream line speed is 384kb, just want to be able to maximise my download speed.

Anybody any thoughts on what the best p2p software for downloading torrents is?

Also what are the best ports for TCP and UDP connections? I have both set to port 6881 at the moment, should the port numbers be different for both or is it ok for them to be the same.

Thanks

EireEV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

About 20-25kb/s and also change the port to something like 30000 choose a high port and alot of bittorrent trackers dont accept 6881 anymore... let me know how you get on :p
    Oh and also use utorrent www.utorrent.com

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Thanks mate, will try these settings and report back later this evening.

Should the high port number you specify below be the same for both TCP and UPD connections.

I've used utorrent but have always found bittorrent to be better, probably because my settings are incorrect so will give it another try.

Should I use the beta release or the stable version?

Thanks.

EireEV

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Hi mate - Did what you said below and depending on what torrent I was downloading and number of seeders and leechers was averaging 75-150k, max 250k.

Why is it that I'm only ever connected to a small number of the available seeders and leechers for a particular torrent?

Thanks for your help to date.

EireEV

Advertisement