Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest name for a dog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Used to have a dog called kickstart

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

My dog was Nora best dog I ever had.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Have never owned a dog myself, but got into a chat about dogs with a taxi driver on a journey home recently, and he told me about his Labrador Danny, short for "Daniel Alexander Crimebuster". Didn't live up to his name though apparently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

How about dfor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

My neighbours dog was called packie and my friend aquired a dog called n1gger, but she changed it to domino.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

If its a 3-legged dog- Tripod.

Gavin and Kevin are also lovely names.

Can't forget Eugene!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

My bro has a basset hound and he called it shirley (shirley bassey)

My mastiff is called lucy

sister in law has a terrier called tyson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I called my first dog Fido.

I was four years old at the time and I wasn't trying to be ironic or post-modern at all at all.

I had Fido for sixteen years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

My friend's dog, a small dog, who spent all his time around the house jumping on people and whatnot, became forever known as "laptop"

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

my german shepard is called Pipa. used to have a cat called cornelious tho, so that was unusal for a cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

We have 7 dogs now called:
    Mindy
    Misha
    Squiggle
    Wookey
    Gizmo
    Bailey
    Lady

We had a husky called Demon

And we have a cat called Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

A man in the US had a dog named fire - caused alot of problems! he was ordered to change the dogs name or recieve a fine! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

a friend of mine (old man) bought a boxer off my other friend (we were working together at the time) and he acutally did call her 'Kitty'....it's weird when u see this boxer runnin the length of the beach and then to hear 'Kitty' come here!!!!!!

his other dog was called Grace and she was an Irish Red Setter which i think was a very nice choice!

i like the name socky for a dog :P

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

I had a mongrel when I was younger named socks! He was collie mix I think - had a tongue like a wet dish cloth! and the brains of a flea! He was black and white - a slob with white paws.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

we got a cat from dspca and they called him Bunker. Everyone asks why hes called that so when they rang to check up on him i asked the reason and the girl said she could see him bunkering down for the nite :confused: I thought it was bec he was found in a coal bunker or on a golf course :o In fairness he was due to be pts a good few times but the girl in the cattery loved him so she kept begging for him to have one more chance - noone wanted him, bit of an ugly cat, runny eyes, dirty, smelly but what he lacks in looks he makes up for in personality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One of our dogs is called "Harvey" ...he had that name already and it suits him.

We were briefly thinking about calling our latest addition "Norman" ...but seenashow she's a girl she stayed the rather unimaginative "Patch" that she already was.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

One of my dogs is called "Elvira Princess of Darkness" but it's Ellie for short :) had two gerbils (rip) called Ger & Bill & 2 of my cats are George & Mildred :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Have a staffie called Schalk.
    We had only just got him home, and were watching a South African rugby match on TV, to which the puppy took a great interest.
    The man of the match was a player called Schalk Berger, so we decided to name the dog after him!

Columbo (TV detective) had a dog called "dog", someone asked him why he called it "dog".

"because he's a dog!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

my pure white jack russell was called BIMBO he was a great dog. people used to look though as I have blonde hair. When my boyfriend was calling the dog you could see, Is he calling her or the dog?:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How about calling it "Rabies" or "Come here" or "pisuwisuwisu" (noise you make to call a cat:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Padjo1981 wrote:
    I think Dfor is a great name for a dog, I heard it on TV a while ago. D FOR DOG

My Nanny had a dog with that name but we spelt it Defor.

I had a dog called Cow, and another called Dog which soon evolved into Doug. My current baby is called Honey but she also responds to 'stinky', 'smelly' or 'chicken'. Poor confused dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

My two have very unimaginative names - Buster and Bob...

I kept Buster in Rialto for a couple of weeks recently where he was the subject of much interest. I met a couple of young 'inner city' girls one evening who started asking me about him. They asked me his name, to which I replied 'Buster'... the response was
    "wha'... Busta Rhymes???"

so now we call him Busta Rhymes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

My gran had 2 gsd's called one king when she got the other one she called her princess, apt names beleive me!!

I called my first dog buddy! RIP Buddy!!

Now has a GSD called tyson doesnt bite!!

Other names ive heard are
    snaffles (dulux dog)
    magnum (GSD)
    Zeus (golden lab & Great dane)
    and the best.... Hitler for a GSD!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I know a woman who has a dog called 'TIGER'

I'll say no more..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

We have a dog called Bob , but the Missus calls him Noobilly Noo !

Here he is ,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7172501@N04/472962865/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Semtex

Tar isteach, a semteics!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cúnt :D

I had a dog before and we couldn'd decide a name for him. It kept changing every day because someone didn't like it. I just called him puppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Called our first dog Laika after the first dog in space,
    Second dog is male looked for another space dog name but the
    only male name was bollik,we have kid's so that was ruled out.
    We called him Boris after Yelsen.
    We aso have 2 fish called Suchi and Scampi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Coonagh Cowboy

name it Durty Hoor,that way when you stick your head out the door and call it,everyone in the estate will be wondering your your on about.

Advertisement