Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest name for a dog!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

our fella is called mcduff, from the shakespeare play macbeth - that way, when we're going for a walk, we can say "lead on, mcduff" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

my mum got a black lab a few years back, my brother who was 5 at the time decided he was calling her Sophie and that was that, no one else had a say in the matter..

My nan had a yorkie which she called Whiskey, this was back when I were a nipper.. I like to believe the reason she drinks so much of it is because she misses him so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, human names always work a treat. I had a cat called Fergus and a cat called Elizabeth. My neighbours had a cat called Seamus. Strangely enough, all three were black.

Go with Dave or something. Or Donal. I've always fancied Eileen as a name for a female pet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭F@ces

Or in the vein of Stephen Wright, call him "Stay" ....

"Come here Stay. Come here Stay".

One way to drive ur dog banana's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Our cat is called "Bubba Franks" after the Green Bay Packers TE ,because he never catches anything:D

• Advertisement

Roar wrote:
    my brother who was 5 at the time decided he was calling her Sophie and that was that, no one else had a say in the matter

Exact same situation when we had our cat Fergus (also black)... although my brother was 18 or 19 at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not a funny name but when we moved to Ireland (about '82), somebody on our street in Dublin had a black alsation type dog called n*gger. :o

My mother and father wouldn't believe it until they heard him being called.

The owners would come out and call him at their top of their voice.

Madness.

edit: just saw Hellrazer's post...your grandad wasn't from Crumlin by any chance? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

My dogs are gypsy, max, shilo (boxers) and snowy (white boxer), mini yorkie misty, and Buttons.

others ive had are: Bruce, Frieda, Gandalf, darkie, Furby, Rua, Bella, Buttercup and Gizmo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

DEEOHGEE pronounced:D D-O-G

stovelid wrote:
    Not a funny name but when we moved to Ireland (about '82), somebody on our street in Dublin had a black alsation type dog called n*gger.

So did our neighbours in Cork. One time - God it was awful - an Asian guy from down the road was walking past their house and the dog ran out after him. What could the owner do - call the dog or let him attack the guy?! I didn't actually witness it, but I was told that they called the dog.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Theres a classic old black and white war movie called the Dambusters , and the dog in that is called n**ger!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046889/

theres my bit of trivia for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

mathias wrote:
    Theres a classic old black and white war movie called the Dambusters , and the dog in that is called n**ger!

I heard Peter Jackson is remaking it. They will probably change the dogs name though.

mathias wrote:

I've heard there's a remake of this on the way. What are the bets the name doesn't make it this time around? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I win :p

boreds wrote:
    I win :p

bah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

our current dog is called Red.... the dog is a red setter... *whistle*

(the father named it..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 podgerodge

Lola123 wrote:
    The original plan was to call my dog "security". She's just a small ball of fluff really and not even as tall as a cat so I thought it would be pretty amusing to be shouting "security" in public places and for this little furball to come running.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

Well we had a dog that we just called Pup.........another mongrel along the lines of socks (corkimp mentioned the slob earlier!). I thought about calling my GSD Dracula or Vlad.........my family didn't see the funny side. Lol they might not be impressed when I get around to naming their grandchild either....

We had dogs called Brownie, Blackie, Amy, Spanner, T.C, and even Wednesday. Wow it seems I inherited my parents knack for weird names!!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Kashi - don't forget :
    Twit (was supposed to be a sheepdog - maybe his great grandmother!and boy was he a twit!), lucky (a black lab pup - wasn't lucky got killed by a car), Holly (gsdXlab - was stolen), Oh and most importantly! My current puppy is called "Esri" (see the GSD Thread for a pic!) - my fiance called her after Esri a Dax - from Deep space nine (ya trekkie fella - also hes a Stargate fan!) So who knows, if we get another dog :P We might call him Jean Luc :Poffhand that is all I recall. If i think of more, I'll edit this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JarOfFlies

Jerry Lee if it's a German Shepherd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bex654321

i had two funny named dogs at once one was called cat and the other called gouche as in a mans gouche ha ha i think these are funny but also i have a dog at the moment called bruce but he is only tiny. he is only half the size of a regular house cat. so the funniest name depends on the size etc. of the dog ur naming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

My collie is called Bainne, and my other terrierX is Guiness.My dad wanted to call her Buideal:D

Advertisement