Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion + Dread Zombies

Options
  • 25-05-2007 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can someone tell me how to actually kill a dread zombie while playing with the hardest difficulty level :D
    got uberleet hero with blade and destruction masteries but still cant bring the sucker down

Has anyone done it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cheat? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kite it to the nearest town :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Never tried it on hardest, they are tough mofos.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what about using spells to repules the dead etc

and then when hes running away kill him

or if you have a high magick and high conjuration summon a
    clanfear(spelling?) etc to do the work for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I want a Summon Mudcrab Horde spell. You can never have too many mudcrabs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How many million would you need to defeat somebody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Poop

i dunnno but someone should do a mod with conjuration spell Zombie-Eating-Mudcrab-Horde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I would imagine that a good 5 second paralyse spell would do the trick. As soon as the bugger begins falling down, lay into him with an enchanted warhammer or whatever you character can deal the most damage with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's an Elder Scrolls forum by the way

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=648

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Poop

OOHYeah
    :D
    Screw you dread zombies. Finally got one bugger down
    Storm Atronach + bladeskill 130 + Major Respite did the trick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm playing again with a bunch of pretty tough mods. Its nice seeing Oblivion be genuinely challenging for once, not looking forward to dealing with one of these buggers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm in the process of getting a good list of mods that i want to try. Gonna do the FCOM (Francesco's, Martigans Monsters, OOO, and Warcry) thing, to take the best out of those. Also gonna play as a mostly magical character, and add some of the mad looking spells in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I stoped playing the game after i realised that all my time rising to the top of the thiefs guild as my first mission basically made my character into a skinny welp that would die if if a crab even looked at him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

want a tough challenge, play as a magic only character, no weapons (bar magical staffs etc), no armour and no bow and arrow.

Its rough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Vegeta wrote:
    want a tough challenge, play as a magic only character, no weapons (bar magical staffs etc), no armour and no bow and arrow.

Its rough
    It's actually not that bad if you do it right. The Bretons for example already have 50% magic resistance. Combine that with rings etc:
    The mundane has 50% magic resistance too, meaning that you will be immune to all magic, and reflect a third of it too.

The bretons also have a 50% shield spell which means that your damage taken is halved. Add more shield spells to that and you can actually be quite tough, not to mention extremely fast moving as you don't have anything to weigh you down.

Also don't underestimate the power of alchemy, some of the healing over time potions you can create are incredibly powerful, they'll heal over 550 hp if I remember correctly. Plus the shield potions will be around 33%, which combined with the race ability and a cheap shield spell can do wonders.

[edit] Forgot about the damage health potions which will do about 200 damage too, with frost/fire/shock damage doing over 300.

Advertisement