Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a slide show of digital photos to music?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Apologies to all at the vagueness of the title, but I am a complete novice to photography and the digital scene around it, but I do work in IT so that should help!!;)

Basically, I would like to create some kind of slideshow of digital photos that I have to music, which I would presume would mean using some kind of media player??

Just wondering if anyone could suggest a way to do this or even point me in the right direction.

Any help appreciated,.
    Cheers
    Stephen

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can have photoshop create a website automatically and then stick in mp3s to automatically play for you. You then can play the gallery full screen in your browser. Go to file > automate and select Web gallery.

Another option is Flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Harrio

5uspect wrote:
    You can have photoshop create a website automatically and then stick in mp3s to automatically play for you. You then can play the gallery full screen in your browser. Go to file > automate and select Web gallery.

Another option is Flash.

Thanks for that 5uspect, I was wondering if there was any way that I could create it, and then be able to email the file to friends etc?

is that type of thing possible ??

Cheers

Is it a lot of files? Emailing could be a bit of a pain. You could always do a kiosk presentation in powerpoint and shrink the image size/quality a bit. You can stick in audio too.

5uspect wrote:
    Is it a lot of files? Emailing could be a bit of a pain. You could always do a kiosk presentation in powerpoint and shrink the image size/quality a bit. You can stick in audio too.

Never heard of them? If I have Office 2003 should I be able to do that?

Its raelly so we can put some photos of a world trip I am on to some music and send home to family etc,I can get around the size problems etc, so thats not the problem really.

Yes.

okay, but usually photos are quite large. Around 2-5 MB. That makes emailing a bit difficult.
    First step would be do make smaller copies of all your pictures.
    Use the Photo editor package in Office to do this. Basically you want to reduce the number of pixels and add JPEG compression). For example.
    This should make the files nice and small. This is useful if you're viewing the files on a screen so there's no need fot anything above 1200x1600.

Now open Powerpoint and add your files to the presentations as you would do any presentation. Keep an eye on the file size as you add files to make sure it doesn't get too bloated.

To add audio go to insert> movies and sound> from file and browse to your file (you may have to make all files visible as only video files are selected in the file browser). Click yes to have it automatically play. This drops a speaker icon into the presentation you can resize of place where you wish.

Creating a kiosk makes the presentation more interactive like a webpage and is not an essential step. You can add buttons and stuff so you might have an index page and navigation system.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote:
    Yes.

okay, but usually photos are quite large. Around 2-5 MB. That makes emailing a bit difficult.
    First step would be do make smaller copies of all your pictures.
    Use the Photo editor package in Office to do this. Basically you want to reduce the number of pixels and add JPEG compression). For example.
    This should make the files nice and small. This is useful if you're viewing the files on a screen so there's no need fot anything above 1200x1600.

Now open Powerpoint and add your files to the presentations as you would do any presentation. Keep an eye on the file size as you add files to make sure it doesn't get too bloated.

To add audio go to insert> movies and sound> from file and browse to your file (you may have to make all files visible as only video files are selected in the file browser). Click yes to have it automatically play. This drops a speaker icon into the presentation you can resize of place where you wish.

Creating a kiosk makes the presentation more interactive like a webpage and is not an essential step. You can add buttons and stuff so you might have an index page and navigation system.

5uspect....that is fantastic mate. Many thanks for that.
    Cheers

no bother!
    Hope it works out well for you!

Advertisement