Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewing Provisional

Options
  • 25-05-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

I have to renew my provisional (expired about 3 years ago!). It got lost and thats why i never renewed. does anyone know what the procedure is for this? also I want to add category M on to it as well, does this count as a new app?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Call_me_al wrote:
    I have to renew my provisional (expired about 3 years ago!). It got lost and thats why i never renewed. does anyone know what the procedure is for this? also I want to add category M on to it as well, does this count as a new app?

thanks!
    You need to complete application form D201.

If you expired provisional licence has expired by more than 5 years any new application will be condidered to be a 'first' application. If it's less than 5 years the next licence will be a second provisional (presuming that the expired one was your first).

Re category M - you may tick the box for category M when filling the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nice one thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

hope someone will be able to help. i seemed to have lost my second provisional lisence and i have only recently got it and started to drive.
    now i no i can apply for a new lisence(or i hope i can) by completing a D201 but was told i would also need a DA8 form with it. does anyone no if this is correct and where and what a DA8 form is.
    any info on this would be greatly appriciated

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mickith wrote:
    hope someone will be able to help. i seemed to have lost my second provisional lisence and i have only recently got it and started to drive.
    now i no i can apply for a new lisence(or i hope i can) by completing a D201 but was told i would also need a DA8 form with it. does anyone no if this is correct and where and what a DA8 form is.
    any info on this would be greatly appriciated
    You will need to get a duplicate licence. It will be an exact copy of the original and is valid for the same period. Complete a D800 form and get it stamped at a Garda Station. They may require an explanation for requiring a replacement licence. The licence will have the number '71' stamped on it to indicate that it is a duplicate.

Sod's Law usually applies - as soon as you get the replacement, you will find the original. ;)

Advertisement