Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallies - Latest News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

DMC wrote:

Its a pity they don't show the running total seat prediction.

Anyone know of any site that is doing this?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've a man at the racecourse...

Limerick east at the mo:

O'Dea 16802
    Noonan 6693
    O'Sullivan 4501
    O'Donnell 4423
    Power 3162
    O'Malley 3001
    Quinlivan 1846
    Forde Brennan 1133
    Ryan 1116

Thats with 162 of 183 boxes open.

O'Malley is gone tbh!!

2 FF 2 FG 1 Lab!

Edited to mention: Willie O'Dea is a fnckin institution down here, that's a scary figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DMC wrote:
    According to LMFM, McGuinness won't be in the shake down, no Dundalk or Drogheda boxes opened yet. Kirk is polling stronger.

Kirk did get out and do lot of legwork. I'd still expect it to be very tight. I'd also expect a change to things when they open Drogheda and Dundalk, particularly the FG share.

FG will pick up Ged Nash transfers, although they may benefit O'Dowd more. It will also be interesting to see how well Deary does and how it will affect the final shakedown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

O'Dea 16802

I can't see that being topped by Biffo or Mickey Martin in Cork. Oofh. That is some personal vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Donegal NE tallies
    http://www.wisper.ie/e07/

Looks like Keavney is headed for quota (shame) but FF won't hold all 3 seats.
    Fight for last 2 seats is McHugh(FG), Blaney(FF), McDaid(FF) and MacLaughlin(SF). MacLaughlin is ahead but less likely to get transfers, McHugh is polling well and Blaney and McDaid have a quota between them. Its going to be a tough call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Cant believe Brian Lenihan is getting in.. He does nothing in the area.. Im disaointed about Varadakar.. he is all for bringinging in management companies for Dublin 15 when a lot of residents committes in housing estates are trying to get rid of them.. These 2 Candidates have done nothing to help the residents of Dublin 15 over the last 5 years to get rid of these companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

DMC wrote:
    Meath West (from LMFM)

Anything on LMFM from Cavan Monaghan? I'd imagine Connolly's seat will be pretty hot at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

gazzer wrote:
    Cant believe Brian Lenihan is getting in.. He does nothing in the area.. Im disaointed about Varadakar.. he is all for bringinging in management companies for Dublin 15 when a lot of residents committes in housing estates are trying to get rid of them.. These 2 Candidates have done nothing to help the residents of Dublin 15 over the last 5 years to get rid of these companies.

It's an odd constituency - Lenihan could be living in Spain, sitting at a pool 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and he'd still top the poll. Vadakar is a rampant self-publicist - there doesn't seem to be very much substance there. Burton and Higgins should be shoe in's up here. The Greens need a decent candidate in the area, and there are no independants ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Not yet, Irish Wolf.

From RTÉ at noon, Cavan-Monaghan, 95% Boxes Open, FF 38%, FG 31%, LAB 1%, GP 4%, SF 20%, IND 6%,

The IND is Paudge, he looks like toast. FF Margaret Conlan is polling well, tight between Seymour Crawford and Conlan, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

has anyone got a link to where we can see the vote split by candidate and not by party?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

has anyone got a link to where we can see the vote split by candidate and not by party?
    Newstalk. I just took down the tallies from my constituency after about 95% open.

Dublin South East:

Chris Andrews (FF) - 6224
    Lucinda Creighton (FG) - 6108
    Ruairí Quinn (Lab) - 5371
    John Gormley (Green) - 4501
    Michael McDowell (PDs) - 4336
    Jim O'Callaghan (FF) - 3076
    Daithí Doolan (SF) - 1456
    Rory Hearne (Ind) - 566
    Esther Uzell (Ind) - 534
    Eoin Tierney (Ind) - 133
    Noel Ivory (Ind) - 81
    Peter O'Sullivan (Ind) - 39
    Noel O'Gara (Ind) - 25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Great, so far its looking like another 10 years of bertie, backhanders, and dig outs, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

nesf wrote:
    Liam Twomey only on 6%....

Who is he likely to lose to - D'Arcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

From RTE 11:33 Dublin West, 100% Boxes Open , FF 37%, FG 20%, LAB 17%, PD 2%, GP 4%, SF 5%, SP 15% , Prediction None

Looks like Brian Lenahan first, then Leo Vradkar FG. A gight between Higgans and Burton for the last seat. But good result for Leo.

PoolDude wrote:
    Who is he likely to lose to - D'Arcy?

Surely unless SF pull off a coup. In fairness Twomey got in on a protest vote as an independant last time with numerous transfers from SF. A lot of people felt conned when he jumped ship to FG eventho he's a minister for health in waiting. North wexford has no TD at the mo, and D'arcy topped the poll in the local elections and comes from a strong FG family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

DMC wrote:
    Not yet, Irish Wolf.

From RTÉ at noon, Cavan-Monaghan, 95% Boxes Open, FF 38%, FG 31%, LAB 1%, GP 4%, SF 20%, IND 6%,

The IND is Paudge, he looks like toast. FF Margaret Conlan is polling well, tight between Seymour Crawford and Conlan, I'd say.

Could be interesting to see if any Smith (FF) transfers go to O'Reilly (FG) for a second Cavan seat... not very likely though...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Surely unless SF pull off a coup. In fairness Twomey got in on a protest vote as an independant last time with numerous transfers from SF. A lot of people felt conned when he jumped ship to FG eventho he's a minister for health in waiting. North wexford has no TD at the mo, and D'arcy topped the poll in the local elections and comes from a strong FG family

Any word on the rest - I'm guessing Browne, Howlin, Kehoe, Connick & D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

eirebhoy wrote:
    Newstalk. I just took down the tallies from my constituency after about 95% open.

Dublin South East:

Chris Andrews (FF) - 6224
    Lucinda Creighton (FG) - 6108
    Ruairí Quinn (Lab) - 5371
    John Gormley (Green) - 4501
    Michael McDowell (PDs) - 4336
    Jim O'Callaghan (FF) - 3076
    Daithí Doolan (SF) - 1456
    Rory Hearne (Ind) - 566
    Esther Uzell (Ind) - 534
    Eoin Tierney (Ind) - 133
    Noel Ivory (Ind) - 81
    Peter O'Sullivan (Ind) - 39
    Noel O'Gara (Ind) - 25

What's the actual link eireboy, went onto newstalk and can't find it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I couldn't find it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think he meant he took it down on paper after hearing it on Newstalk ? Myabe ?

• Advertisement

PoolDude wrote:
    Any word on the rest - I'm guessing Browne, Howlin, Kehoe, Connick & D'Arcy

No idea, sorry. I'm piecing together what i hear from texts from friends at home. I think the only question mark is who takes the 2nd FG seat. Your prediction could be spot on. The first 3 named are absolute certainties with Connick odds on ahead of McDonald for the 2nd FF seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ciaran76 wrote:
    I think he meant he took it down on paper after hearing it on Newstalk ? Myabe ?
    yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

murphaph wrote:
    Who the hell votes for that man?! It's beggars belief how people feel he represents them in any way. Come on Burton/Varadkar. Higgins will have to go I'm afraid, for the greater good.

IMHO Brian Lenihan is the outstanding candidate in Dublin West by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

11:26 Longford-Westmeath, 28% Boxes Open , FF 41%, FG 39%, LAB 4%, PD 10%, GP 1%, SF 4%, IND 0%, CSP 0%

This looks god for FG but very bad for Willy Penrose this could be a massive blow to the Labour party. The boxes from Mullingar and North Westmeath must not have been opened as he should get a massive vote from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Big news Crowe mite miss out in Dublin south west i didn't see that coming at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Here in Wicklow, looking most likely to be two FF, that'd be Joe Behan and Dick Roche. Big surprise that Joe is up near the same as Dick(last update, Dick was at 15% and Joe at 14%). Liz McManus doing ok for Labour, but her associate Nicky Kelly is getting a slating. Thats what ya deserve for causing an accident without insurance and tax. FG doing ok aswell, Andrew Doyle getting quite a high % of votes. Deirdre DeBurca for the Greens aswell is there around 7-8%.

Overall: 2 FF
    1 Labour
    1 FG
    1 GP

Its still early though

Badabing wrote:
    Big news Crowe mite miss out in Dublin south west i didn't see that coming at all.

sinn fein do not seem to be doing as well as everyone expected...thank god. That was abit of a bolt from the blue tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford - Have the names, no figures yet tho;

Martin Cullen,
    John Deasy,
    Brian OShea.

No mention of anyone else. Brian's seat was, apparently, under threat from SFs David C. tho it looks like he isnt polling as well as predicted in local press. (Thank god)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

gormley v mcdowell
    one of them is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

sinn fein do not seem to be doing as well as everyone expected...thank god. That was abit of a bolt from the blue tho.

Big time he topped the poll the last time! I thought Hayes would have took a Fianna Fail seat.

Advertisement