Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Tallies

Options
  • 25-05-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Just to start the ball rolling, looks in Dublin South East like Andrews, Creighton & Quinn in that order, with the last seat between Gormley and McDowell. And at the risk I know of upsetting lots of Boardsies, McDowell appears to be in serious trouble, almost no votes from Rathmines.....:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Was merely responding to the request to start a dublin tallies thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Dublin south

FF 41.9
    FG 27.58
    LAB 10.32
    GREEN 11.6
    SF3

Didn't catch the PD but Liz is in trouble

Ff 29
    Fg 19
    Lab 16
    Pd 14
    Gp 14
    Sf 4
    Ind 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Dublin South East:

Chris Andrews (FF) - 6224
    Lucinda Creighton (FG) - 6108
    Ruairí Quinn (Lab) - 5371
    John Gormley (Green) - 4501
    Michael McDowell (PDs) - 4336
    Jim O'Callaghan (FF) - 3076
    Daithí Doolan (SF) - 1456
    Rory Hearne (Ind) - 566
    Esther Uzell (Ind) - 534
    Eoin Tierney (Ind) - 133
    Noel Ivory (Ind) - 81
    Peter O'Sullivan (Ind) - 39
    Noel O'Gara (Ind) - 25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

R. Quinn is doing quite well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd love to know what 25 feckers voted for O'Gara.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Dublin South East:
    Esther Uzell (Ind) - 534
    Does she have something to do with that chap that was shot by the IRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

murphaph wrote:
    Yep, her campaign was largely based on that, he's her brother afair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

murphaph wrote:

she's running on an ante SF card to high light her brothers murder.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote:
    His sister. She claims he was shot by the IRA. The guy that got him shot has nothing to do with the IRA. His mother lives over in Dorset st. and her boyfriend has links to Sinn Fein. Someone was most likely paid to shoot him. I read in the Sunday Independent a couple of weeks ago that 11 IRA members were arrested over the murder. What a load of rubbish. Most of them were 18-21 year olds from the flats.

Cheers, I thought the name rang a bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Dublin North East

Martin Brady (FF) 20%
    Michael Woods (FF) 19%
    Tommy Broughan (Lab) 16%
    Larry O'Toole (SF) 15%
    Terence Flanagan (FG) 13%
    Brody Sweeney (FG) 10%
    David Healy (GP) 7%

Don't ask me how on earth Fianna Fáil have held their same percentage from 2002 after both TD doing sweet FA for 5 years but there you go. FF will take 1 seat, Tommy Broughan will take the 2nd on transfers and last between FF/FG. The fact FF have split their vote and FG increasing by 8% may see Terence Flanagan steal this seat. It will be almighty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Dublin North West

2 Seats have gone to Fianna Fail and the Labour and Sinn Fein are battling it out for the third seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Don't ask me how on earth Fianna Fáil have held their same percentage from 2002 after both TD doing sweet FA for 5 years but there you go.

Well they must have been doing something and they must have been doing it right judging by those percentages. People are not stupid.*

Gumby.

* Depending on the final results I reserve the right to retract this statement:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

eirebhoy wrote:
    His sister. She claims he was shot by the IRA. The guy that got him shot has nothing to do with the IRA. His mother lives over in Dorset st. and her boyfriend has links to Sinn Fein. Someone was most likely paid to shoot him. I read in the Sunday Independent a couple of weeks ago that 11 IRA members were arrested over the murder. What a load of rubbish. Most of them were 18-21 year olds from the flats.
    Umm, didn't she go to some SF scumbag who as good as said he'd call off the people threating her brother and some days later he was killed?

there was also a story that her sister was threatened by thugs while trying to canvas a few days ago. Thank God SF are showing no sign of gaining more than 1 or 2 seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Gumbyman wrote:
    Well they must have been doing something and they must have been doing it right judging by those percentages. People are not stupid.*

Gumby.

* Depending on the final results I reserve the right to retract this statement:D

Well in the case of Brady he has been a little active (not a fraction of the work of Tommy Broughan) but Woods has literally sat on his arse for 5 years so hopefully Brady takes the FF seat and Flanagan takes the 3rd seat for FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Richard Boyd-Barrett looking possible in Dun Laoighre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's looking something like this in North Central:

Richard Bruton FG 25.5%
    Sean Haughey FF 24.64%
    Ivor Callely FF 19.34%
    Finian McGrath IND 14.22%
    Derek McDowell LAB 7.2%
    Bronwen Maher GP 5.2%
    Peter Lawlor SF 3.78%

It's not looking good for McGrath... I was hoping he'd be able to knock Callely out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

How the hell are Brady and Woods going to hold onto those seats?

Im shocked that O'Toole is ahead of Flanagan and Sweeney didnt realise my area had that much Sinn Fein support

fairly bad outcome for McDowell (Lab) aswell

BMH wrote:
    Umm, didn't she go to some SF scumbag who as good as said he'd call off the people threating her brother and some days later he was killed?
    Who Daithi Doolin? She went to him when they got threats and he said he'd make enquiries. After he made the enquiries he told her he knows nothing of it and it has nothing to do with Sinn Fein. He certainly never said he'd get them to call it off. Recently Esther showed him a photo of the boyfriend of the mother (with alleged links to Sinn Fein) and he said he didn't recognise him.
    there was also a story that her sister was threatened by thugs while trying to canvas a few days ago. Thank God SF are showing no sign of gaining more than 1 or 2 seats.
    Yeah, they're thugs from the flats 2 minutes from my house. What have they got to do with Sinn Fein? Don't believe the rubbish you read in the papers. They also threatened Paul Williams when he was in Esther's house. Ask him and he'll tell you they're nothing more than thugs.

btw - I voted for Chris Andrews because I know him well. I just know too much about the Rafferty murder to let people blame it all on Sinn Fein/IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's looking something like this in North Central:

Richard Bruton FG 25.5%
    Sean Haughey FF 24.64%
    Ivor Callely FF 19.34%
    Finian McGrath IND 14.22%
    Derek McDowell LAB 7.2%
    Bronwen Maher GP 5.2%
    Peter Lawlor SF 3.78%

It's not looking good for McGrath... I was hoping he'd be able to knock Callely out of it.
    Yeah, by the looks of it Callely will get elected on transfers form Haughey.

McGrath's problem is the fact that he's a Shinner in all but name, and a lot of people felt that he lied to them last time out, that's where he's losing ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

KevIRL wrote:
    Richard Boyd-Barrett looking possible in Dun Laoighre
    Really hope ciaran cuffe edges him out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Marshy wrote:
    Really hope ciaran cuffe edges him out

likewise

anyone with the latest from Dublin SE?

eirebhoy wrote:

Yeah, they're thugs from the flats 2 minutes from my house. What have they got to do with Sinn Fein?

Obviously not an official source, the same newspaper source, but her sister was quoted as being told to 'f*ck off' that is was SF territory and the thugs claimed to be SF supporters. Fair point about not believing everything in papers but I don't find this very easy to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Any word on Dublin Central?

Only info I have is the RTE tally numbers and word that Mary Lou McDonald is polling badly (Hurrah!)

Extraordinary that Bertie doesn't look like he was able to get a second candidate in, but given the way the FF campaign in this constituency was run -

14:06 Dublin Central, 70% Boxes Open, FF 45%, FG 10%, LAB 12%, PD 1%, GP 6%, SF 9%, IND 17%, CSP 1%, Prediction FF-1; IND-1; SF/FG/LAB- last 2

• Advertisement

Obviously not an official source, the same newspaper source, but her sister was quoted as being told to 'f*ck off' that is was SF territory and the thugs claimed to be SF supporters. Fair point about not believing everything in papers but I don't find this very easy to believe.
    If you want me to PM the whole story with names I will do. I know for a fact that these thugs from the flats have absolutely nothing to do with Sinn Fein/IRA. The piece on the SIndo about 11 IRA members being arrested was absolutely laughable.

Advertisement