Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Tallies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

It's looking something like this in North Central:

Richard Bruton FG 25.5%
    Sean Haughey FF 24.64%
    Ivor Callely FF 19.34%
    Finian McGrath IND 14.22%
    Derek McDowell LAB 7.2%
    Bronwen Maher GP 5.2%
    Peter Lawlor SF 3.78%

It's not looking good for McGrath... I was hoping he'd be able to knock Callely out of it.

Disagree Haughey has no surplus for Callely and there is 16% of lower candidates to be distributed which should favour Mcgrath who is only 5% behind Callely.
    I would be surprised if Callely took enough of Green labour and shinner votes to get him to the quota

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

seansouth wrote:
    Yeah, by the looks of it Callely will get elected on transfers form Haughey.

McGrath's problem is the fact that he's a Shinner in all but name, and a lot of people felt that he lied to them last time out, that's where he's losing ground.

Its a 3 seater haughey will not have a surplus

And McGraths vote is well up on his vote in 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Pat Rabitte seems utterly deflated despite being elected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Voipjunkie wrote:
    Disagree Haughey has no surplus for Callely and there is 16% of lower candidates to be distributed which should favour Mcgrath who is only 5% behind Callely.
    I would be surprised if Callely took enough of Green labour and shinner votes to get him to the quota

Please god let your analysis be correct - I want to believe it so much... Callely going, Mary Lou not getting in, Sean Crowe out, McDowell and co. going would provide some comfort for me in what has otherwise been a tragedy of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

Marshy wrote:
    Pat Rabitte seems utterly deflated despite being elected

he does. not happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

McGrath looked pretty happy when on RTE earlier - cant see Callely getting many transfers at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

KevIRL wrote:
    likewise
    +1

Boyd barrett has the iniative. Cuffe will need to get the vast majority of the FG transfers to overtake him.

Cuffe made it quite easily in the end. So that makes 6 seats for the greens in total I think. But will they go with FF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Phew, I thought Boyd Barrett was going to get in for a while, now that'd be odd.

C'mon FF-Greens!

• Advertisement
Advertisement