Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you got to do... ?

Options
  • 25-05-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Galway look like returning no change, maybe even adding a FF seat !!! What have you got to do to change TD's, they lost their water this year, what do you have to loose before you decide its time for a change??:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Very surprising there's no change in Galway considering the water problems. You'd think it would be in peoples minds to get rid of the current administration.

Just goes to show that there are far too many 'party voters' in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

And people with the 'we've always been an X party family'.
    I was surprised in my area, even young people saying that, putting no thought into the decision - just following tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sure ennis has had a fecked up water supply for a few years but you can be damn sure they'll return the same shower as always. FF Could put a small retarded goldfish up as a candidate down there and it would top the poll once it was called bubbles devalera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Bambi wrote:
    Sure ennis has had a fecked up water supply for a few years but you can be damn sure they'll return the same shower as always. FF Could put a small retarded goldfish up as a candidate down there and it would top the poll once it was called bubbles devalera.

Superb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

AidoCQS wrote:
    Galway look like returning no change, maybe even adding a FF seat !!! What have you got to do to change TD's, they lost their water this year, what do you have to loose before you decide its time for a change??:confused::confused::confused:

Come up with something a bit better than "contracts" and stories of people living in light houses? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

lol. Bubbles indeed!

Galway water is a local council issue, not a govt issue. Council has FF minority on Galway city council. Green party mayor. Green mayor who was warned by an independant company last year of the risk of criptospiridium (excuse spelling) poisoning and did nothing.

It's great to blame the government for everything but it isn't always that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

The Irish are sheep, lets just call a spade a spade

They are in trouble in Galyway with their water supply so the last thing they want to do is p1ss off the Ruling (Finna Fail) party. Instead of demanding a better service, they are begging for a better one...

same with the smoking ban.... BAA A AAAA

In europe the electorate set standards, sure any aul way will do here

If you took water off cattle, they would break out of what ever field they are in, sheep is all I can say...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

not my fault I voted anyone but FF/PD, infact(a) I am stunned if FF get an extra seat.

It Goes to show how important it is that students register to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Not a big fan of McDowell but the smoking ban is one of the best things that any government has done in this country in my opinion.

"They are in trouble in Galyway with their water supply so the last thing they want to do is p1ss off the Ruling (Finna Fail) party. Instead of demanding a better service, they are begging for a better one..." - I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

Gumbyman wrote:
    I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What are you on about?

It’s called critical analysis, we loose it prior to leaving cert, I mean that whole thing is about recycling/regurgitating theory. By the time third level institutions get a hold of us, its final year by the time you even attempt to think for yourself, and because that’s final year, well its back to square one.

I am not asking you to understand it immediately, store it in the back of your head, and when the government railroad us a few more times, take our water, charge us for healthcare, maybe someday and you might go....maybe .... We have a choice. I think this is wrong. You might some day learn to be critical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The water just wasn't a big election issue in Galway from what I saw.
    Nobody I talked to about the election here even mentioned the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

AidoCQS wrote:
    same with the smoking ban.... BAA A AAAA

The smoking ban was one of the few things the government did that was a good idea and well implemented.

By any change do you smoke? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

AidoCQS wrote:
    It’s called critical analysis, we loose it prior to leaving cert, I mean that whole thing is about recycling/regurgitating theory. By the time third level institutions get a hold of us, its final year by the time you even attempt to think for yourself, and because that’s final year, well its back to square one.

I am not asking you to understand it immediately, store it in the back of your head, and when the government railroad us a few more times, take our water, charge us for healthcare, maybe someday and you might go....maybe .... We have a choice. I think this is wrong. You might some day learn to be critical.
    Wow, that's pretty damn arrogant.

With regards the water, it's pretty much the local council's fault, but apparently Michael D announced that it wasn't improved because the PDs planned to privatise it. No one seems to have picked up on it though, so I'm not sure if it's true or not.
    FG said little about fixing the water supply by the way. Even if it's not FF's fault, it's a pretty good example of a screw-up while they were in power that the opposition should leap on but like tons of other stuff, they said nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I know of two people who voted for PD Noel Grealish.
    One voted because a friend related a story about how he had an engineer clear a puddle outside their house a few years ago.
    The other because they are from the same area in Galway.

thats it. No attempt to link the Govt to failings in the county or Ireland in general.

This country.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Frank Fahy was in charge of the Shell deal by the way.

Advertisement